Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Bunkai of NewBuddhist

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited October 2018 in NewBuddhist.com

What feature / trick / issue about using our forum did you later discover that you wish you knew about from day one?

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited October 2018

type a colon : followed by a character to get extra emoticons ...

eg. :k = skull :skull:

Bunksajhayesperson
  • @lobster said:
    type a colon : followed by a character to get extra emoticons ...

eg. :k = skull :skull:

That still seems like a time-consuming way to find whatever emoticons one may be looking for. I wonder if there's a better way, to access all the options at once, to scan for an appropriate one?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Hashtag makes things big and bold. Used that a few times, I can tell you..!

BunksDakini
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Three or more asterisks * in a row creates a line.

• @Dakini said:

That still seems like a time-consuming way to find whatever emoticons one may be looking for. I wonder if there's a better way, to access all the options at once, to scan for an appropriate one?

Not available to everyone to use or view BUT for example on my virtual keyboard for the Ipad, there is an emoticon button near the space bar ... ?

????

You may have something similar for your OS (Windows, Chrome OS, MacOS, Linux etc) or Browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera etc).

Dakini
  • @person said:
    Three or more asterisks * in a row creates a line.

I tried snorting it ... until I realised there is no such thing as virtual cocaine ;)

Lobster goes to back of class ... again ?

person