Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Did you meditate?

I did.

Sometimes we need to say we did. You may talk about it.
For example my meditation today was short.

Shoshinkando

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I meditated lying down... wicked of me I know, but I felt the need and I wasn’t ready to make it to my meditation cushion. It was a short but pleasant meditation though.

BunksShoshinkando
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Yes, short but sweet. Had the kids with me and the usual early start meant I couldn't sit until last night.

ShoshinBuddhadragon
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Did you meditate?

No...This morning as usual I just sat on the cushion and meditation did me...(gave me a good going over :) )

It's interesting in that it can 'happen' any where any time, no special time, no special equipment needed ( have mind will travel being the one-stop- meditation shop) but often we're in a habit of paying this ever-present opportunity 'no mind'....( which would be excellent if we really did pay/spend some time with "no mind" ...go figure ;) )

Hmm...from what i gather... all we really need to do is mind how we go as we go about our morning/day/evening/night....

Mind you ....It can be harder than one thinks :)

kandoBuddhadragon
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

I've been meditating in a chair for some time because my bum knees make it hard to get down on a cushion. Last week I got fed up with that and made a tall seiza bench to use instead. Works great! Meditation much improved. Yes, I meditated, and I'm going to do it again, no matter how much the slobbering dogs try to prevent me from doing so!

BunksShoshinkando
  • DimmesdaleDimmesdale Illinois Explorer

I don't really meditate in a formal way, but a lot of my time I try to keep quiet and, sometimes, I have an experience of awareness or being. Rare in my case, but I had one last night....

ShoshinkandoBunks
  • Thanks everyone for sharing.
    I will now meditate.
    It will be most excellent. B)

Bunks
  • kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

Just about to, yoga first as it limbers up the legs :)

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I didn’t meditate this morning, I had things to do, but I may take time out to meditate this afternoon.

• @Shoshin said:
    No...This morning as usual I just sat on the cushion and meditation did me...(gave me a good going over :) )

Tee Hee.

Good point, just as the attentive awareness can be mindful of itself ...

I may give up meditating altogether but just sit on a cushion as usual ...
    https://www.kirkville.com/just-sitting-the-zen-practice-of-shikantaza/

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

maybe zen is for me.maybe built a personal zen vocabulary.such as just sit,just be,just do.

this is what shoshin may elude to,everyday life. is do and be,is it that simple?

lobsterkando

Shikantaza is more or less what I do, didn't know it had a name! I love the simple, just living and being way, but have noticed that as soon as you try to describe simplicity it gets complicated! ?

• It's a comfort to establish a routine alone, no matter how modest.

Exactly so.

It is the formality of a routine that manifests our orientation.
    For example this morning after sitting, I chatted chanted to Avalokiteśvara which Canon cameras are named after (Kanon)
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalokiteśvara

OM MANI PEME CLICK

You could not make this stuff up ... or then again ...

• I meditate in the middle of the day (I am currently working from home) and late at night as I sometimes have trouble sleeping. I try to take Refuge and recite the Precepts every other day, switching between English and Pali. This past week, little kernels began showing up on my zabuton every time I plonked it down in the living room. Huh? A mystery. Then, oh yeah. My cushion is stuffed with buckwheat. I unzipped and there was a tear, a buckwheat leak! So I did some sewing meditation for the first time in years. Back to the cushion.

kandoBuddhadragonHozan

I <3 my zafu, it's just the right height and feels like I am balanced on a mushroom, like the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland :)

Kundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@kando said:
    I <3 my zafu, it's just the right height and feels like I am balanced on a mushroom, like the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland :)

Now that's an image I can't un-see...! :D

Kundo