Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Right speech

Comments

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Gold!! ???

yagr
  • In dharma speech is not always free ...
    However ... time for a new t-shirt? What would your slogan be? Plain black t-shirt?

free speech
    FREE LISTENING

Hozanyagr
  • kandokando northern Ireland Veteran

Pure Class! ?

HozanlobsteryagrShoshin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

ShoshinkandoHozan
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

kandoHozanBuddha-Dude
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@federica said:

Hmmmmmmmmm......

Buddha-Dude

Yeah, made me gasp a bit....

BunksHozan

@federica said:
    Yeah, made me gasp a bit....

Interesting that it's so very black and white! I wonder if whoever designed it would be aware of the irony? :)

I don't think of people as 'black' or 'white' because there is such an enormous mix of races and cultures, that it is impossible to classify people in such a way.

Besides which, you can't cluster every single non-caucasian person into the group of 'black'.

Can you?

• Dear Friends of sloganised attire,

As a cosmic ripple, I feel everything matters. I found @Hozan t-shirt carried a multitude of levels BUT I would not wear it in Thailand or Sri Lanka ...
    https://www.foxnews.com/world/british-woman-arrested-deported-from-sri-lanka-for-buddha-tattoo

Lives matter

@federica said:
    I don't think of people as 'black' or 'white' because there is such an enormous mix of races and cultures, that it is impossible to classify people in such a way.

Besides which, you can't cluster every single non-caucasian person into the group of 'black'.

Can you?

Ummmm, I meant the sentiments not skin colour! As in black and white thinking, as in science good religion bad! I am not a racist.

ShoshinHozan
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Right speech

@lobster ....We're waiting........

yagr

@kando said:

@federica said:

Can you?

Ummmm, I meant the sentiments not skin colour! As in black and white thinking, as in science good religion bad! I am not a racist.

It was never my intention to either imply or accuse you or anyone of that. I misunderstood the gist of your comment, and for that, I apologise.

And take your point.

• Today I was invited to go on a big anti-racist march.

I probably won't go. I am still trying to be kind to the fish people. However they are so delicious and basically I am a cannibal when it comes to the race of sentients. Tiger prawns are delicious . . . though I don't think they are made from the endangered tiger-people . . .

:3

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Hmm...this reminds me....

There was a big anti-racist rally in Berlin the weekend I was there ( October) ...the underground trains were full of people ( mainly young people ) heading to the rally with flags and banners...

The last time I attended an anti-racism rally was at the Sydney Town Hall back in 1981....Called "Rock Against Racism"...there was bands music and speeches ....

I guess it is important for their voices to be heard otherwise people forget...

Buddha-Dude
  • Buddha-DudeBuddha-Dude Canada Explorer

I believe it’s time. Time for the youth of the world to speak up. We see so many interracial and diverse couples. Friends of all nations coming together in solidarity because they simply don’t care about race or religion for that matter. Outstanding to hear. “Rock against Racism”!! Rock on!!!

Shoshinlobster
  • Equally important was this London bridge closing demo ...
    https://xrblog.org