Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Broke Buddhist

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited November 2018 in Buddhism Today

As we may know, not everything breaks to be improved or remains rigidily 'perfect'. The only safety is?
http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/21994/the-perfect-flaw

Mentioning no names, except my own, perfection is only for show yidams and emptied minds ... So in a sense we can continue a path of healing, joining, fixing ... However what dream of perfection accepts suffering and ignorance?

The question is really can we accept being broke as a continuum ... or keep killing our obstructing perfect Buddhas? When will we be now?

I rather liked the final post here ...
http://newbuddhist.com/discussion/9158/kill-the-buddha

personJeffreyBuddhadragon

Comments

• And from the the link I guess if you see the Buddha on the forum (and they are acting rude) ban them?

Kundo
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Frankly, there was more to the ban that met the eye. You must know, @Jeffrey that if it had been me to ban that 'Buddha', I didn't take the decision lightly... ?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

The question is really can we accept being broke as a continuum ... or keep killing our obstructing perfect Buddhas? When will we be now?

From what I gather....Can't have one without the other.........

Kundo
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2018

@federica I wasn't ridiculing banning. I don't even know what goes on there with a ban but I imagine it is a lot of messages and work to sort out. And while I don't know the details of each ban I benefit from having a forum that is moderated and I have seen some of a few bans where I could see what happens. I was just joking perhaps in bad taste. "if the Buddha is on the forum and is rude ban them". I didn't mean it as a criticism of anybody.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I know @Jeffrey. Of all the people on this forum, you are always well-balanced in your comments and utterly inoffensive and Mindful of your speech. in all the 8 years you have been a member, I don't recall one single instant where I might have needed to 'have a quiet word'. Ever. That's surely a record to be proud of.

Kundoyagrlobster
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited November 2018

Aw thanks @federica. :) I think a few nights I had a few too many drinks but I was just incoherent a couple posts and not trying to mess with anyone. And I haven't had that problem for a couple of years.

Kundo
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yes, being flawed is the nature of existence. But at the same time we have Buddha nature, so we must be perfect enough, that we may strive to know the truth.

Buddhadragon
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran

Perfectly imperfect or imperfectly perfect.
    That's the question.
    We are flawed beings adrift in a dukkha-ridden world, with a perfect Buddha nature below all the coats of imperfection.
    To me, being flawed consists mainly in standing in our own way towards a respite of inner peace, of release from dukkha.
    We sabotage ourselves with petty psychological quirks and flamboyant ideals of perfection.
    Perfection begins the moment we come to terms with our own imperfection, with other people's imperfection, with this world's imperfection.
    We may aspire to make of this world a better place to live for everyone, and learn to be at ease in our own skins.
    But giving up unrealistic ideas of perfection.

HozanlobsterJeffreyShoshin
  • @Buddhadragon said:

Exactly so.
    Perfectly as is.

It is a strange way to experience peace, however it is the only way that presents an acceptable reality. It is why meditation is so important. Meditation shows the nature of our being, which in my case at least, is far from any perfection ...

B)

Buddhadragon
  • VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran
    edited November 2018

@lobster said:

@Buddhadragon said:

Exactly so.
    Perfectly as is.

O, sons and daughters. The Thus-Gone's wisdom. The signless wisdom. The unobstructed wisdom. It perfectly dwells within all sentient beings’ minds. Yet in ignorance, sentient beings err and think it covered. Not knowing, not seeing, not giving rise to faith.

-Āryamaitreyanāthasyottarekayānaratnagotraśāstra T1611.827b20 Noble Maitreya-born's Utmost Corpus's Treasure's Lineage's Treatise

lobsterBuddhadragon
  • Ay caramba! Nothing to fix. Nowhere to go. Here we are ...

• @lobster said:
    Ay caramba! Nothing to fix. Nowhere to go. Here we are ...

Sounds like weekend to me :)

lobster
  • @Buddhadragon said:

What are our realisable or realistic perfections?

Some examples:

• Just sitting. Meditation shikantaza style.
    • Silent (internally 'voiced') mantra
    • Increase in Kindness/Love/Compassion/Metta
    • Attentive awareness (chatter free mindfulness)

No yoke?

Buddhadragon