Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

What music are you listening to?

Comments

• I’ve just watched the most utterly insane piano playing ever, speechless!

lobsterShoshin
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My father played this as his Entry Exam to the Royal College of Music when he was 19.
    He received the highest mark of any students, a feat which stood for 9 years.

• @federica very impressive!

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

Deva Premal is on high rotation on my playlist lately

https://youtu.be/cPDp9a5BHMM

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

lobsterHozanJeffrey
  • @Bunks I like that so relaxing

HozanlobsterBunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Jeffrey said:
    @Bunks I like that so relaxing

It is @Jeffrey - I have been listening to it on the train during my commute. Super way to chill out

HozanKundo
  • Buddha-DudeBuddha-Dude Canada Explorer
    edited December 2018

Smooth Jazz Christmas

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"What About Me" ~Mipham Rinpoche~

May you be happy <3<3<3

Hozan
  • nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

My guilty pleasure? in the car, I enjoy singing along to Barry Manilow.
    His songs are schmaltzy, memorable and harmless.
    He is the vocal version of Liberace, and eminently universal.

I do listen to other more serious, cerebral stuff as well, but sometimes, Caviar and foie gras are nicely tempered by hot dogs and popcorn...

nakazcidKundo
    edited December 2018

@federica My personal favorite is "Ships." Guilty pleasure confirmed.

80's music while boxing, including this beauty

nakazcidJeffrey

Speaking of Alison Moyet...

Kundo

My fave Yazoo
    https://youtu.be/PPeQGWL7fok

It's perfect to box to as well

nakazcid
  • Khruangbin onSpotify. My kids turned me onto them. An odd choice of music for teen boys...

• And depeche mode being parallel but not quite as good videos with Yazoo

nakazcidBuddhadragonKundoHozan

Depeche Mode is quite good, though I'm not really familiar with their "deep cuts."

BuddhadragonHozan
  • BuddhadragonBuddhadragon Ehipassiko & Carpe Diem Samsara Veteran
    edited December 2018

We installed a DAB system at home a couple of months ago, and we are branched to radios with music from the 80s, which happens to be both my hubby and mine teenage years.

That has rekindled my passion for groups like Depeche Mode and New Order, but also for a minor group, Prefab Sprout, which I had completely forgotten about.

I find myself humming their "King of Rock and Roll" a lot lately...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Prefab+Sprout+king&oq=Prefab+Sprout+king&aqs=chrome..69i57.10814j0j7&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

KundoHozan

@Buddhadragon If I may ask, what is a DAB system?
    Oddly, I missed out on Depeche Mode and New Order in the 80s, but discovered them in the early 00s. In the 80s, my tastes ran more towards the Police, Eurythmics, Howard Jones and the Thompson Twins.

@nakazcid said:
    @Buddhadragon If I may ask, what is a DAB system?
    Oddly, I missed out on Depeche Mode and New Order in the 80s, but discovered them in the early 00s. In the 80s, my tastes ran more towards the Police, Eurythmics, Howard Jones and the Thompson Twins.

I may not be the more competent person to explain what a DAB system is, but it is a radio which connects you to radios over internet, rather than the traditional AM/FM.

The Police were among my favourites.
    I have their complete discography.
    Eurythmics more or less, but I did love Howard Jones, Thompson Twins, and also Duran Duran, Men at Work, Tears for Fears...

Hozan

Here in the States we have a satellite service called XM Radio that features a New Wave station. I got a complimentary 3 months when I bought my new car, but I'm already paying too much for the thing and will probably have to drop the service. Billy Idol even hosts a show...

This DAB system is just a normal radio device that you buy, @nakazcid
    You plug it in, may connect over WiFi or Bluetooth, and you don't need to pay anything at all.
    You may choose radios from all over the world and you hear no ads for hours.
    Just music.

Hozan
    edited December 2018

DAB is a digital radio system. They are awesome as BD has said. They use a digital signal instead of the standard AM/FM frequency. As a result, you can listen to almost any station.

Buddhadragon
  • Buddhadragon

Ah, okay. I think the closest thing we have here in the States is "HD Radio." It's a hybrid digital/analog signal over standard AM/FM. You most definitely can't hook an HD Radio up to the Internet though.

KundoHozan
  • nakazcidBuddhadragon
  • nakazcid

@Hozan Thanks for sharing! Fleetwood Mac is definitely one of my guilty pleasures.

Hozan
  • Good to meet you @nakazcid ! Youtube is for music! ?????????

• If you haven't already heard of DJ Shadow....check him out...

Buddhadragon
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited December 2018

My favourite piece of music ever....insight, foresight, more sight, the clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight. .

A masterpiece from start to finish.

nakazcidBuddhadragon

I wonder why I cannot post the links to YouTube correctly as everyone does....

I love all recommendations
    ♥️

Hozan

@Hozan DJ Shadow is pretty good, but I like Emancipator and Pretty Lights a little bit better.

HozanBuddhadragonlobster
  • @Buddhadragon said:

♥️

In youtube I click on share. Then I choose copy link option. When I am posting here I hold down until paste option comes up and it just pastes the link directly. Hope this helps @Buddhadragon .

Buddhadragon
  • Buddhadragon
  • @nakazcid said:
    @Hozan DJ Shadow is pretty good, but I like Emancipator and Pretty Lights a little bit better.

Absolutely super @nakazcid and thank you for introducing me to new music I haven't listened to before. I'm definitely going to be listening to more from Emancipator and Pretty Lights.

nakazcidBuddhadragon

@Hozan said:
    Absolutely super @nakazcid and thank you for introducing me to new music I haven't listened to before. I'm definitely going to be listening to more from Emancipator and Pretty Lights.

Glad you like them! I love introducing people to new music.

HozanBuddhadragon

@Hozan said:

@Buddhadragon said:

♥️

In youtube I click on share. Then I choose copy link option. When I am posting here I hold down until paste option comes up and it just pastes the link directly. Hope this helps @Buddhadragon .

Thank you, bear.
    I'll try later
    ?

Hozan

I remember sending you that one by Celia Cruz a few months ago, @Hozan
    ☺️?

Hozan

One of my favourite The Police, "King of Pain:"

Hozannakazcid
  • HozanHozan Veteran
    edited December 2018

@Buddhadragon said:
    I remember sending you that one by Celia Cruz a few months ago, @Hozan
    ☺️?

You certainly did. Great song. Thank you so much for sharing. ☺?

Buddhadragon

@Buddhadragon My favorite Police song. Story of my life...

BuddhadragonHozan

Looks like we're abusing with The Police, here, but I have to post this one.
    It might be my favourite, but hard to say, since I love them all:

Hozannakazcid
    edited December 2018

@Buddhadragon said:
    Looks like we're abusing with The Police,

Doesn't that carry jail time? Oh, well, lock me up. At the risk of starting a flame war, how do you feel about Sting's solo career? I thought it got off to a great start, but then faltered.

Guess I'm repeating myself, but anyway...

HozanBuddhadragonJeffrey
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I quite like Sting’s later work as well, it’s almost poetical in nature, and often his lyrics don’t descend into repetitiveness but actually carry some meaning.

Kundo