Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Buddha Dharma....Do You Trust It ?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

I guess when one first encounters Buddhism's somewhat paradoxical nature, it tends to go against the grain...(one's conditioned state AKA our ingrained ignorance) where much of what we may have once held true, ( this is how it is and how it's always been) now becomes an obstacle on the Path...However, when practicing the Buddha Dharma it seems to have a knack of gently persuading us to see things differently/approach things from a different angle...

When we finally buck up the courage to let go of ignorance's comfort blanket..we don't fall..because there was never really anything to hold on to in the first place

How's your Dharma trust hanging ?

Are you developing more trust in the Buddha Dharma ?

BuddhalotuspersonZazen1

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@Buddhalotus said:
    When one comes from a religion where snakes talk and an ark can hold two animals of each species, Buddhism is not so much about trust, but rather about noticing facts fall logically into place.

In a nutshell, I don't trust, but experience Buddha Dharma improving the quality of my life every single day.

Very good point... it's all about seeing for oneself ...
    So I guess one builds confidence in the Buddha Dharma as one's experiential understanding/knowledge grows...

Hmm or perhaps it's out of 'curiosity' that one kills the cat ignorance :)

Zazen1Buddhalotus
  • I remember explaining it like so (many, many years ago): It was like someone had written the Dhamma on my heart, in a font just beyond my ability to make out more than the occasional letter but once it was blown up to Times New Roman font number twelve by the Buddha, I could see that it was identical.

Like @federica, I concluded very early on that my confusion was in my inability to see clearly through all the beliefs I had accumulated, rather than the Dhamma being unclear.

P.S. For some reason, the Buddha has been using a smaller font as I age.

ShoshinBuddhalotusKundoZazen1
  • Do You Trust It?

Only the trustworthy and trusted teachings and my experience. It is like the ground. I trust it. Not much dharma quicksand ... Hurrah!

Fortunately I only have cushion addiction to contend with ...
    https://oneminddharma.com/refuge-recovery/

ShoshinZazen1BuddhalotusKundo