Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Zen Drain

Zenspace has decided to make its zen teachers redundant ...
https://zen1.space/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=562

If we are quick we can welcome them here, or just not bother ... ;)

Is the traditional in your face transmission a good thing? Personally I found the teachers there outstanding but no one wants to moderate them ...

Anyways if you have a need to expound, preach, reach out to the zennith, perhaps you might spread some ... <3

Vastmind

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

It seems they've come across newbuddhist and are jealous of our format. ?

Anyway, I appreciate the value of teachers and making a distinction with standards for qualification helps students sort out who is more likely worth listening to and who you should take with a grain of salt.

I was in agreement with the subsequent post.

clyde wrote: ↑Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 pm
    Regarding the focus on lay people, I understand that Zen Space will lose the knowledge and respected views of teachers. But that, “respected views” is both appropriate and the problem; i.e., it creates a situation where forum members are not all equal, some are students and some are honored teachers.
    Thanks Clyde.

A few thoughts from me concerning the above paragraph, for now.

Teachers, students and the curious all equally participate here to the extent that they have something to contribute. Based on the cumulative content of a particular member’s contributions we are each capable of deciding, for ourselves, how we wish to view that person’s body of posts. Everyone’s contribution merits interest, respect and honor if it arises from the circumstances of their zen practice or from their sincere curiosity about zen practice. Similarly, it is incumbent on each of us to focus our comments through the lenses of our own practice and sincere curiosity. There is no need or benefit in any real or implied hierarchy of member status. Teachers should be as welcome here as anyone else to participate as equal members of no rank.

Perhaps for an open online forum a more egalitarian approach is appropriate and teachers would be better operating within their specific space. I think of @Jeffrey and his online teacher and sangha.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    edited January 2019

In my experience, Zen can get a little too “chain of command” for my taste. Respect and honor should be earned and given based on behavior and knowledge, not a title. I agree that everyone should walk in the room on equal appearances and then you have to take personal responsibility for weeding out stuff.

Sure, we can welcome them here! ??
    Disclosure: We are an equal opportunity moderated house. :mrgreen:

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Well if there are Zen teachers going spare we could use a few new ones...

lobster
  • It seems they've come across newbuddhist and are jealous of our format. ?

? Tee hee. Well they certainly have beggars beginners mined ...

? empty bowls ...

? and little sweeteners ...

Maybe we have Nothing to offer, just not enough ... :3

Kundo