Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Admin? Hello?

Over the past months, I sent several mails to lincoln@newbuddhist.com (the official admin address) and asked him to delete my posts and account (since there is no automatic function that allows me to do that myself). I never received any reply and my posts and account still exists. So if any admin still exists for this forum and reads this message, then please delete my data (and consider adding an option in the settings allowing users to do that themselves).

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2019

Sorry, we don't delete anything, or any secure data. The bottom line is, as this us a privately run forum, if you don't want any information about you to be known, don't post it.
    You joined in 2011. You created 2 threads, which have since frankly fallen into oblivion, you have never added comment to anyone else.
    Your profile contains absolutely no information about your identity.

As far as we are concerned, the onus is on the member to either join and contribute, or not.
    You have chosen to abstain, and that's fine.
    The irony is, you would actually have faded into total obscurity if you hadn't made this matter public...

• Why don't you delete the data if doing so does not harm to anyone and I ask you to do it? You gave no reason. Also, how can I stop mails from you like "[NewBuddhist] You earned the Eighth Anniversary badge." if you refuse to delete my account and these mails don't include a "stop bothering me" link? As far as I know, sending unwanted mails without giving the recipient the option to stop them is illegal in several countries / areas (including the European Union).

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2019

You can alter and/or prevent notifications in your profile options. (Edit Profile/notification preferences)
    It's not illegal but you can mark them as spam, if you really want to. If you edit your profile as indicated above though, that should halt any communications you don't want.

This is a privately-run site, and the owner's decision to not delete profiles is his. As he is wont to point out, it's not a democracy. You're free to come and go as much or as little as you like. But how it's run, is his decision.

Bunks
  • Why don't you delete the data if doing so does not harm to anyone and I ask you to do it?

... because you may be an example to others of how to make a non problem into an issue.

The solution was totally in your control. It is not the job of others to sweep up after you.

Since you are here. Hello :p

Please don't read, reply or cut off my tongue. Otherwise I may ignore you completely (for illustration purposes) o:)