Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My weekend

ajhayesajhayes Pema Jinpa Dorje Northern Michigan Veteran

Hello all!

I attended a meditation retreat this weekend. I think it was really good for me, I got a lot out of it. It helped to strengthen my practice and new tools to use and I was truly thankful for the opportunity to learn and grow with a bunch of really nice people.

However, I also felt like a certain character in the following skit (there's a lot of these, they're really funny).

I certainly don't want to sound ungrateful or stuck up. I found my experience to be a lot different from other peoples (on the surface, anyway). One of the teachers would crack a joke and I would give it a chuckle (like- hey, that was kind of funny.) while the rest of the group was roaring with laughter over it. Some people talked about feeling the good, pure energy of the group and radiating light and such. I didn't quite feel that, I felt that these were nice people in an inviting environment. I guess I felt a bit out of place, which is not an abnormal feeling for me. Frequently I just chalk that up to me being "a little off."

I'm not really sure how to feel about most of this. Ultimately, my takeaway is that it was a great experience that I am truly thankful for.

lobsterAlexShoshinperson

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Sounds like you had a pretty good time. You do sometimes get some over the top spiritual types at retreats, so I wouldn’t worry about not being quite as enthusiastic as some.

ajhayesAlexpersonVastmind
  • What Fun <3

Retreats are like Holy Daze Ramadamn-a-ding-dong eh focus points for propoganda reinforcement - wait that is the KKK and their founders the Friedmasons. Be kind? Well consider it wrathful behaviour . . . :p

I am on a personal retreat at the moment. Which means a change of scenery and perhaps a little more chanting in foreign languages. Retreats are great. What a privilege. What an opportunity. o:)

ajhayesAlex
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited April 2019

Well said @person

? Abnorm is the new dharma norm ...

OM MANI PEME HO HUM :)

ajhayes