Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Using a stethoscope in meditation

finding0finding0 Veteran
edited November 2010 in Meditation
Well last night while I was meditating I was using my heart beat as a focus point. This usually works very well for me and then I came up with the idea "what if I meditate laying down (I always lay down) wearing a stethoscope over my heart so i can not only feel my heart beat but hear it". I immediately went into my bathroom to get one, but apparently my mom threw it out for some reason. haha o well. Anybody have one that would like to give it a try and report their results? I feel it may be a great idea.:)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I get palpitations somewhat frequently, so my heart beat serves only as a distraction to me... Interesting idea though. Maybe you're tapping into that "in-womb" comfort in meditation?
  • finding0finding0 Veteran
    edited November 2010
    whats in-womb comfort?
  • edited November 2010
    Most babies are soothed by the sound of a heart beating because it reminds them of being in the womb... Carries on into adulthood for some people. Hell, I'd sometimes be guilty of it myself when I would lay my head on my ex's chest.
  • finding0finding0 Veteran
    edited November 2010
    ahh I understand. Kind of how warm milk makes us sleepy. No physiological reason but that it was what are mother gave us as a baby
  • DearbobbyDearbobby India New
    edited June 2019

Hi Everyone!

Well...I've been practicing Meditation using a Stethoscope for the last 10 years now. I've been contemplating writing a book on this subject for quite some time now and hopefully I'd write it this year. Anyways, let me tell you - I've tried many different Meditation Techniques but this one is The BEST.
    Kindly let me know if you've any query or if you would like to learn this Revolutionary Technique.

Cheers!!!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Moderator note:

Solicitation of personal business interest is not permitted.

Kundo
This discussion has been closed.