Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• It is said that at the sub atomic level, upon inspecting/examining certain waves, it was discovered that they were waves if you were looking for waves and particles if you were looking for particles.
    The human body emits energy - this was known for a while. This new study of the photons emitted by our bodies may yield profound changes in how we detect physical problems, medical treatments and procedures.
    our body is in constant internal communication. We are, self monitoring and self correcting entities. we also share our bodies with countless other life forms. our physical bodies are, in essence, miniature universes. Fascinating!

WE ARE LIGHT
    WE ARE SHADOW
    WE ARE THE SOURCE
    WE ARE THE TERMINATION
    WE ARE FINITE
    WE ARE ETERNAL

Peace to all

lobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited July 2019

@Lionduck said:
    It is said that at the sub atomic level, upon inspecting/examining certain waves, it was discovered that they were waves if you were looking for waves and particles if you were looking for particles.

Correct (almost)! Particles behave as waves when not observed and particles when observed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

So does that mean the universe can only exist because it's being observed?
    Do any of you remember the Big Bang?

lobster
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

There is also the photoelectric effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Science continues its extraordinary journey into insights. B)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Me, I just get up, have a cup of tea, look out of my window, and marvel at the avian community which happily frequents my garden, together with the hedgehog we are nurturing... he ate his food again last night and enjoyed a drink of water...

Such is my light. De-light in the small, wondrous miraculous, multitudinous examples of waving particles of energy in motion.

Breathe.

Smile.

Bunksadamcrossleylobster
  • adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

Brava! Well put @federica ☺️

• "So does that mean the universe can only exist because it's being observed?
    Do any of you remember the Big Bang? (@Bunks)

Actually, I was having breakfast at the time and missed it.

BunksKundoShoshinlobster