Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ajahn Chah

BunksBunks Australia Veteran
edited June 2019 in Mindfulness

My dhamma mate sent me this short video yesterday by an Australian monk that trained under Ajahn Chah.

Quite a special teacher by the sounds of it.

lobsterShoshin

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Quite special. 💔

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

:surprised:

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Bugger.....looks like it has to be played on YouTube.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

I tried on YouTube following that link but maybe I have dodgy internet. After all, Tel$tra have been screwing up all week....

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Ah ok. It works for me in the YouTube app

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Ajhan Chah quite often behaves like a Zenith Master. He was beyond reproach with a deserved reputation. He is providing direct/life changing experiences.

He is naughty ... ;)
    https://newbuddhist.com/discussion/comment/441351/#Comment_441351

Bunks
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2019

Once you have read the comment link:....

When I was at Boarding (Convent) school, I had a 'friend' who shall remain nameless, but who was a definite Attention-Seeking Drama Queen. One fine day, on our way to the Dining Hall for lunch, she realised that the presiding Nun was waiting for her to administer a scholastic punishment (relax: nothing 'corporal'; just a detention and 'black mark' note in her school record. 5 of those and it was expulsion. She already had 3!) So in the hallway, she decided to have a major fit, and faint. I knew she was shamming. I also knew she damn well deserved what she had coming to her. So while a crowd gathered round, and ministered to her unconscious state, I turned to one other fellow pupil and said:

"[Whispered] (Watch this:)
    [out loud] I think I should get Mother Superior, she's in her office!"

Sudden miraculous recovery of aforementioned Attention-Seeking Drama Queen.

Turning back to my fellow pupil, I stated, "See? Works like a charm, every time. I'm going to Lunch. You coming?"

She did.

A-S DQ got her detention and black mark anyway. So the little act was all in vain.

Bunks
  • FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran

A good teacher is precious. For those without access, there are some very good teachers speaking on Facebook. Even a few Western monks/nuns.

lobsterBunks
  • AngusAngus Vietnam Explorer

You may find there are many many very good western monks trained in Ajarn Chah monastery in Thailand .

Bunks
  • NamadaNamada Veteran

All the students from Ajahn Chah are good teachers, I specialy like AJahn Jayasaro and Ajahn Sumedho, he still have talks in an age of 84. Very direct and practical teachings, used for everyday life situations.

Bunks