Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thomas Berry

Having strong interests in both spirituality and the environment, it is inevitable that the name Thomas Berry crops up in my internet surfing. I just found the following quote from him.
"Gardening is an active participation in the deepest mysteries of the universe".
Something about this really struck a chord with me. Any other Berry fans here?

Shoshin

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

No, but I love gardening... And apparently those who indulge in Gardening have a much longer outlook on their lifespan... it seems that communal gardening forges ties and invigorates the soul...

• rocalarocala Explorer

Hi @federica, I am not a gardener, but may become one. I have however long been aware of something 'special' about this activity. As a child sharing a meal with my grandmother, knowing she not only cooked it but also grew some of the items, has always been a source of wonder for me.