Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Poem by TNH

VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

Interrelationship

You are me, and I am you.
Isn't it obvious that we "inter-are"?
You cultivate the flower in yourself,
so that I will be beautiful.
I transform the garbage in myself,
so that you will not have to suffer.

I support you;
you support me.
I am in this world to offer you peace;
you are in this world to bring me joy.

(from “Call me by My True Names – The Collected Poems of Thich Nhat Hanh”, Parallax Press, 2005.)

ShoshinJeroenadamcrossleyperson

Comments

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

I appreciate TNH’s use of language. He seems to have a few favourite phrases and images for expressing the teachings. “Interbeing” is the most obvious but he’s also fond of flowers and garbage.

Thanks for sharing this, @Vastmind :)

Vastmind
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I always feel rested listening to TNH’s talks. In the manner of his speaking you find the mindfulness and peace that he is so fond of.

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I support you;
    you support me.
    I am in this world to offer you peace;
    you are in this world to bring me joy.

The Dharma in a nutshell :)

VastmindadamcrossleyAlex
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I find myself more and more considering how my own pursuit of peace and wisdom helps bring benefit to those around me. In a calm, kind demeanor. With an appropriate insight that may help. By not judging others and allowing them to be themselves.

adamcrossleyVastmindlobster