Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Egg

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

Not exactly Buddhist but just wanted to share this short story written by Andy Weir, author of The Martian (Matt Damon movie) and animated by Kurzgesagt.

ShoshinJeroenlobster

Comments

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

Wow O.o

I really don’t know what to do with myself after watching that

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it! Maybe it is like that...

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

i'll try to make it buddhist,daozen.the egg ,the archetype of the circle.the meaning complete whole.as in dao all things included,.potentual and/actual in karma.the lessen be cool .the vibe of the video,the dao smiles at the young who wants to be gods,nod at the old who wants rest.this can be full circle,if you know rest you know the beginning.another way to put it linear becomes nonlinear. a line when curved completes a beginning and an end.

personVastmindDavid
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited September 2019

Besides the creator, that's the notion that makes the most sense to me.

It may not be exactly Buddhist but it sure brings to mind "Call me by my true names".

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It seems this vid is now trending on YouTube, had 4.4m views and it has only been out one day.

• interesting