Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

It ain't all Dukkha

Well it is ...

However the fleeting moments, like my FisherKing friend below pictured last week are momentary fun ...

What/where is your fleeting joy of impermanence?

ShoshinDakini

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Bubbles

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

There are quite a few things I enjoy...

Morning coffee, loved ones, reading a good book, the beach, a bath, the witterings of forum friends, the softness of bed, the perfume of clean washing, small children playing on the boulevard, a grilled cheese sandwich, cycling among the dunes, cake, champagne ...

Often I think that life is an endless stringing together of pleasurable moments. Dukkha is far away.

lobsterBunks
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited September 2019

I made a dungeons and dragons character and wrote a backstory:

Beezus Brambleberry
    Rock Gnome
    Neutral
    worships Baervan Wildwanderer (the Masked Leaf)
    Flirt

Beezux stumbles throught the forrest looking at the ground where lay a shiny object looking to be a pin from the coat that he doesn't recognize but may belong to one of the rangers of gidgin hamlet. This could be a good find but just maybe it would be for someone elses. Not wanting to get in trouble but figuring it unlikely he would ever find the owner he stuffs it into his leather jacket.

All of the sudden a fox bursts out of the bush adjacent and runs right under Beezus' legs causing him to carwheel right into said brush. "Oooh that was startling for both of us mister fox... I bet you are looking for somethign to eat. Here have this bite of jerky"..

Turning over the jerky back into his pouch he notices that the shiny pin has some bright red blood on it. It looks almost in this light like a Malarite pin but I'm sure it is from the rangers of gidgin hamlet. How odd. But who's blood is that? Reaching into the pouch he pulls out a bit of a root that helps prevent swelling and and finds that his lower right arm is punctured. It's a bit cold out but he manages a simple poultice.

A little bit later on a voice cries out of the darkness "little gnome I guess we have found you a little sooner than you would have thought." Three young lithe gnarly dudes with enchanted wolf face helmets appear against you. "What do you want my blood or my money?" Beezus shouts. "Why one or the other?" they ask. "Ok but one at a time. First my money..."

The gnome throws the silver pin along with his little money pouch in the air and something odd happens as the silver pin seems an erie blue glow glinting. The malarites study the money and glowing pin on the ground and suddenly Breezus brings that flashpowder he always carries with him for amusement and partially blinds 2 of the malarites. The other glares grimly at him and the two blinded draw their razor coated clubs and make a low growl.

"Haha suckers! I've got another surprise" the little gnome castigates them.

Epic Spell Mass Fowl turns opponents into chickens! bawk bawk...

"Here's cheers to my little friend the fox!"

Jeroenperson
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oh @Jeffrey , you are a fun one!

Jeffrey
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Dungeons and Dragons can be a lot of fun, I played from time to time throughout my teenage years. I heard that the game is going through a bit of a revival at the moment, there was an article in the paper that playing groups were springing up in lots of places...

• Bubbles is a great one.

Very exciting/momentary/meaningful.

• Froth/bubbles on drinks is fun, lassi and coffee for example.
    • Also the rainbows on soap bubbles are fun ...
    • Bubble bath ... oh yeah ...
    Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

True ...they manifest in all shapes and sizes, often filled with all the colours of the rainbow, a beautiful sight to behold/experience in the moment...and then pop pop pop ... they disappear into thin air =)
    ....Such a beautiful sight to behold ....unless that is, one suffers from ebulliophobia ....then they could become stuff nightmares are made of...

There's something about blowing bubbles that takes my breath away... :)

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Lying in bed at night knowing I’ve finished one more day and drifting off to sleep.....bliss......hearing the pitter patter of my 6 year old’s feet in the morning and knowing he’ll soon snuggle up beside me in bed......enjoying it while it lasts ❤️❤️❤️

lobsterShoshinadamcrossley

Some people think the glass is half full, other people think it is half empty...

• I prefer to drink the contents ... :p

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@lobster said:
    I prefer to drink the contents ... :p

And then you're left with an empty glass. But oh! The REFILL!!

lobster
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:
    Some people think the glass is half full, other people think it is half empty...

While opportunists drink it while the debate goes on..........

@Kundo said:

@Kerome said:

And scientists debate how the glass only appears half empty, but is in fact always full of something.

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:

@Kundo said:

@Kerome said:

And scientists debate how the glass only appears half empty, but is in fact always full of something.

Oooh the replies one could say :awesome:

But I'll behave....

• Dear London London deer. The expense of having picnics with dear is dear. Free in parts such as Richmond and Bushy parks. They are no longer menu items ...

More long term residents ...
    https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st-jamess-park/things-to-see-and-do/wildlife/pelicans

ShoshinJeroen
  • yagryagr Veteran

@Kerome said:

Or that you have twice as much glass as you need.

federicaDhammika

@lobster said:
    London deer. The expense of having picnics with dear is dear. Free in parts such as Richmond and Bushy parks. They are no longer menu items ...

I recognise those deer. Near where I live there there is a park, where there are similar deer. Except that they keep escaping, and wander around the town eating the grasses on the various verges and even in people’s gardens. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning and I look out of the window of my kitchen, I see them wandering around in the playground.

lobster
  • You are very lucky to have free roaming deer @Kerome, ours are enclosed. I believe you posted a pic of them. The London deer are walled in and the fenced area you see in my pic is to keep them out of a plantation (flowers and shrubs they would eat).

Here is another herd member ...