Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Ajahn Brahm Quotes

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi all

I know there are a few Ajahn Brahm fans out there.

My friend has been handed the task of putting together a book of his most inspirational quotes to raise money for our local monastery. She has asked for my help.

I shared a favourite of mine earlier in the Buddhist quotes page.

Feel free to add any of your favourites to this page. Please ensure you include reference to your source.

Thanks 🙏

Vastmind

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

When you have abandoned all past and future, it is as if you have come alive. You are here, mindful...the nature of all types of consciousness reveals itself.

— Ajahn Brahm

I liked this quote, when reflecting on it I found that letting go of the future is a lot harder than letting go of the past. I came across it while wandering around azquotes.com, I have no idea which book or discourse it comes from sadly.

adamcrossleyBunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I've never met a criminal, only people who have committed a crime.

BunksVastmindShoshin
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@person said:

Excellent! Any chance you have a source?

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

@Bunks said:

@person said:

Excellent! Any chance you have a source?

Several of his talks, couldn't give you an exact one.

Bunks
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

I love Ajahn Brahms sense of humour

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@DairyLama said:
    I love Ajahn Brahms sense of humour

Yes! He's hilarious.

I once heard a talk he gave at the Buddhist centre I attend where he was telling the (predominantly) Sri Lankan kids in attendance that someone had to come bottom of the class in exam results and that the marks E and F (both fails in Australia) stood for Excellent and Fantastic.

I wish I could've seen the faces of the parents in the room :D

Shoshin