Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I'm looking for an isolated cabin / cottage to rent for a solo meditation retreat (6 - 12 months)

Hello.

The title says it all, really. I'm looking for a small, basic premises that is isolated (but close enough to walk to shops) in the UK countryside, and on a reasonable budget (max £600 pm) inc. of bills (to keep life simple). I don't know if anyone here owns anything like this or knows where / how I could find such a location, but any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Have you considered renting a Motorhome...?

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Good luck @mindatrisk - just a little bit jealous :)

• @federica said:

I can't drive. :(

• @Bunks said:

Do you have responsibilities etc. that prohibit you? I'm fortunate enough to be mostly free of duties... no wife, kids, job etc.

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Does it have to be in the UK ? Why not look further a field, like France , Italy, Greece or Spain...

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited December 2019

@mindatrisk said:

@Bunks said:

Do you have responsibilities etc. that prohibit you? I'm fortunate enough to be mostly free of duties... no wife, kids, job etc.

Haha, all of the above mate (except the wife). My kids are only 7 and 9 so I have both emotional and financial obligations to them.

But once they grow up opportunities to spend more time on retreat etc. will open up.

I am trying to enjoy the fleeting time I have with them while they still enjoy my company and laugh at my jokes.

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

You could try Airbnb, that has some alternative stuff on it I understand.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@mindatrisk said:

@federica said:

I can't drive. :(

Ah. Yeah, minor stumbling block....

Bunks