Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Peace and Love

From another thread:

That's awesome because, of course the answer is to love.

We are what we think/Love. In other words our perception is our world/being. True?
Certainly is for me. That which engulfs/concerns me becomes my axis/centrality/core.

Would it be right to Love or better to be right? Both? Is there a peace of Love ...

l'chaim
(to life - Yiddish)

SuraShineBunksVastmindDavidLionduck

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @lobster - you've pointed me in the right direction for the day..... :)

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I'm dishing up today's portion of Peace and Love. Bon appetit.

Bunkslobster
  • Great story from @federica
    It reminds me of Jojo Rabbit, a great film about a 10 year old nazi with Hitler as his imaginary friend ...

I was talking to an elderly Jehovah Witness in the street the other day. He wanted to be listened to. It is Christmas and I had the time. They don't celebrate Christmas ...
    He left me with the final message 'Peace and Love' - seems like a stunning plan ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    I was talking to an elderly Jehovah Witness in the street the other day. He wanted to be listened to. It is Christmas and I had the time. They don't celebrate Christmas ...
    He left me with the final message 'Peace and Love' - seems like a stunning plan ...

That seems like it went better than my usual interaction with the Jehovah’s Witnesses. We never seem to get past the “the world is about to end” part, to which I reply, “wasn’t it going to end in 2012?”

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

@lobster said:
    From another thread:

That's awesome because, of course the answer is to love.

Would it be right to Love or better to be right? Both? Is there a peace of Love ...

lobster,on my door,coincidently,i hung a message,peace and love karma.to love,as david points out,fulfils our intention,which leads to good result or action,karma.where there is love ;there is peace.and where there is peace;there is love.peace is the companion of wisdom and love is the companion of compassion.so we are growing into it.

this leads to your question how the interplay of peace and love works out in my personal life.the question,to love or be right.in my life,ive rephraised it do i want to be right or happy.im learning to choose happy.peace makes me happy .then there is love.let others win and take the loss.peace and love takes work and balance.what a challenge,this human experience to find peace and love.we carry on.

JeroenlobsterDavid
  • Bravo @paulyso
    The interplay/interdependence is as you mention . . .

Maybe we can extend to all sentients ...
    https://www.lionsroar.com/hush-puppy-march-2011

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:

Being right is a temporary ego boost, it seems of little value. To be able to love arbitrary others deeply is a great gift, the mark of an advanced being. It struck me with Ram Dass that he had this big love within him, you could hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes... I hope he is doing well somewhere out there in the afterlife.

I think people do well to create loving families, but have a lot more difficulty in loving their neighbours or people they meet on the street. It is not so easy to extend that love to a greater mankind, because you get damaged by people being less than kind. But there is a peace that extends from love. It is the season to be loving...

lobsterDavid
  • Being right is a temporary ego boost, it seems of little value.

Being upright rather than uptight and a corrective is a developed undervalued capacity. For example we can waste our energy debating correct dharma when people including us, need time for experiences beyond partial digestion ...

Again and again we come back to our own understanding. Our knowing, always incomplete, becomes the basis for compassionate valuing of our and others limitations and temporary states ...

In this sense dharma science is an unfolding jewel/valuable ... We can settle in the 'temporary ego boost' or reside in a permanent impermanence or spiritual flux.

It is why we need a quality to sustain such a humanely unnatural uncertainty. That quality may just be
    Peace and Love ... 💗🙏🏽🕊

DavidJeroen
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

"I don't want to think that this is the best I could ever be. In life you are always striving to do better."

Keshia Thomas.

• The best we can do is be ourselves. If we try to be someone else, we will fail.
    When you want to change, change as yourself. Don't wear a mask. None of us is perfect. It is the striving toward, not perfection, but the better self which enables each of us to grow.

Peace to all

lobster
  • When you want to change, change as yourself.

That is very well put. As a fantasy construct or imagined self, that is not real but draws us away from anatta what are we changing/identifying as/becoming?

The body? No.
    The flitting mind stream? No.

or ...
    https://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/heartsutra.html

[exploding head emoji] 🤯😌🥳

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

the heart sutra is awe-mazing.emptying and fullfilling.to me anyway.there is peace and love in emptiness.it dawn on me,we are living dharmas.we the same .being aware, all is all.the heart sutra is like the cosmos,mind blowing....awesum.

lobster