Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sutra in Forty-two Sections

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran
edited December 2019 in Buddhism Today

I came across this today and enjoyed it, so I thought I would pass it on.

“You should be mindful of the four elements within the body. Though each has a name, none of them is the self. Since they are not the self, they are like an illusion.”

“When you see someone who is practicing giving, aid him joyfully, and you will obtain vast and great blessings. ”

“Patience under insult is the greatest strength, because people who are patient do not harbor hatred, and they gradually grow more peaceful and strong…”

“Dharma is the mindfulness that is both mindfulness and non-mindfulness. It is the practice that is both practice and non-practice. It is words that are words and non- words, and cultivation that is cultivation and non-cultivation…”

“There are people who follow emotion and desire and seek to be famous. By the time their reputation is established, they are already dead…”

“How long is the human life span?” He replied, "The length of a single breath.” The Buddha said, “Excellent. You have understood…”

“Be careful not to believe your own mind; your mind is not to be believed…”

https://buddhaweekly.com/sutra-in-forty-two-sections-excerpts-of-timeless-wisdom-and-practice-advice-from-the-world-honoured-one/

Bunkspersonlobster

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

“Patience under insult is the greatest strength, because people who are patient do not harbor hatred, and they gradually grow more peaceful and strong…”

That is one mega-biggie for me...

Bunks