Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New Years Resolution 2020

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I’ll start:

1. Do more meditation πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜„

Comments

• Do more less

BunksRodrigoJeroenFosdick
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Veggie to dietary vegan, within 2 months.
    Study, read and practise more, Judge, lose my temper, get angry, less.

Much less.

BunksNirvana
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I could change the way I live my life, or not.

BunksNirvana
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

same as last year,save my coins until my water jug is full.

Bunkslobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited December 2019

Just listening to a talk by Ajahn Nissarano about the difference between Our general idea of a New Years resolution vs the Buddhist paramita Adhitthana (determination).

β€œ....often these can come from a different place.

If we have a (New Years) resolution, it might come from an β€œI” or β€œMe”....it’s often coming from this sense of willpower.

Whereas this Adhitthana is more like programming the mind, i.e. we keep in mind what we’re aiming at because we realise the mind is a conditioned phenomena. It’s not being driven by β€œI” or β€œMe”.”

primadaDavidlobster
  • In my breath within this lifetime, I have seen great joy and great pain. I have endured loss and endured gain. Resolutions fade as smoke in the wind or mirages in the advancing light.
    My enduring determination is to continue striving to be a better person, within and without. And to, in my minuscule way, to enable other to endure and grow to enjoy their lives; to provide, for others even that flicker of light that they may themselves light the darkened room; to carry the lantern and, in turn, pass it on that others, when I am no longer able, to guide themselves and other travelers along the path.
    In this way, though I am by no means a great teacher, I strive do what little I can.

Peace to all

BunkslobsterJeroenprimada
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Keeping things simple... :)

lobsterBunksFosdickLionduck
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited January 2020

Paying more attention and acting accordingly.
    Helping without getting caught.
    Be more in tune with the way things work naturally,
    Be smiling more often than not.

lobsterBunksShoshinNirvana
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

Less armchair Buddhism and more actual Buddhism - attend an IRL Sangha, talk less, do more..... That kind of thing

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 2020

Actually ...
    https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-establish-a-daily-practice-of-almost-anything-in-six-steps/

As a XR-Green Buddhist, I will be planting trees to make up for the felled cherry which is still in my garden feeding insects, soil, worms etc. My homemade bird feeder has two robins as competing feeders. A male and female black bird come daily. A wren and tits visit. Magpie are in the bay tree. In the front garden (which is beyond tiny) I have three trees. A holly, now has burst its barrel and rooted. A wild elder is growing into our gate and an old tree will be coppiced or given a prune before spring leafing ...

Bunksadamcrossley