Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

weather or the ideal verses the actual

howhow Veteran Veteran

Part of my Real estate agent's sales pitch
Below the 49th parallel in the most southern location in Canada,
moving here means never having to shovel snow again.

and then there is what greeted me this morning.

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Holy snow plow!

Perhaps your real estate agent will volunteer to pop round and help out?

Shoshin
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

That looks to be at least as much snow as we have on the ground in south central Alaska at the moment. Be sure to keep an eye out for moose coming to destroy your ornamental plants.

Bunkslobster
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited January 2020

We have so many semi- domesticated deer wandering around here that the city now has a yearly dart gunning birth control program in place to slow down the does producing. 7 point bucks casually meander around like they think they are set pieces in an Arthurian movie forest. Meet them on a path in rutting season gets you this look that says" You want a piece of me". To not see deer on a regular half hour saunter around here is unusual.
    & any Veggy without an 8' fence, just no longer belongs to you. As for ornamental plants..local nurseries post advertising signs pointing out which of their stock are the least favored by deer.

BunksJeroenlobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

We have had an extra-long and prolonged autumn here. The temperature rarely goes down below 10 degrees C during the day, and rarely lower than 4 degrees C at night... and it's been that way since August.... we had a good few days of strong winds recently, but we've had one season of AutumnWinter so far, and we are seriously wondering whether Spring will approach unheralded by any prior cold snap...

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yes Federica here across the Channel it has been very similar. Like Fosdick we also have a deer park nearby where the deer have no natural predators, so there has been a shooting program to cull the deer from 5000 to 2000 in number, but you often see them wandering the streets in the early morning, not a bit afraid and looking for a patch of green to munch on.

• FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

Feed Me!

ShoshinBunksSuraShinelobster
  • Opps!

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

And here's what greeted me this morning,

...the ocean's temperature was around 22c, (just a few degrees cooler than the outside temperature)....It was a pleasant shock to the system when I plunged in...I was expecting the usual body tingling cool freshness,(the wake up shock to the system) but instead it was like a warm bath... Ah the things I have to put up with... :)

lobsterFosdickJeroenBunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Something I've long wondered but never bothered to look up, is it called summer or winter down under this time of year?

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

It's summer time down under @person... :)