Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looking for some neti pot advice

personperson Don't believe everything you thinkThe liminal space Veteran

I have a dry sinus infection, causing a toothache and bought a neti pot to try to clear it up. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

What kind of advice are you seeking?

How to use it?
    Why to use it?
    When to use it?
    How often to use it?
    All of the above?

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited January 2020

What is a neti pot? I sympathise with the dry sinus infection...

[edit] nevermind I googled it, it seems to work best as long as you keep it clean and disinfected

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran
    edited January 2020

@person said:
    I have a dry sinus infection, causing a toothache and bought a neti pot to try to clear it up. Any advice would be appreciated.

This link may help...

Long-term neti pot use is linked to a higher incidence of sinus infections, possibly because using the pot reduces the mucosal lining of the nose, making it more vulnerable to infection.

And as my new saying goes...everything in moderation..... and not out of frustration...

lobsterperson