Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How long do smartphones last ?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited January 2020 in General Banter

Is it around a couple of years ?

I've had mine for around 18 mths, the storage seems to be full, plus it's got a mind of its own and is very temperamental sometimes it works okay and other times it goes on strike... :)

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited January 2020

Try cutting out some of the pics, unused programs. When the memory is near full, programs are not always able to load properly. Try clearing tmp and deleted files too ...
    https://www.howtogeek.com/112356/5-ways-to-free-up-space-on-android/

I don't use a phone but Android is based on Linux, so the info should apply ...

Shoshin
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

My experience is that an iPhone will last you between 5-7 years, with periodic cleaning of storage and such, barring any mishaps.

Most people will buy Android phones on a contract, so that you repay it over the course of two years, and then get a new one when the old one is paid up. They seem to get a bit scratched and battered.

With storage you can buy extra storage for most Android phones which you can install pretty easily. But it doesn’t treat the expansion storage in exactly the same way as internal storage so there is some fiddling required.

Shoshin
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Thanks guys...

I reset my phone which seems to be working...for how long...is anybody's guess...