Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Inquiring mind magazine back issues

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I came across this website of the now-defunct Buddhist magazine Inquiring Mind today and thought I would share it. It used to publish bi-annually, and a lot of their articles are now online. Enjoy...

https://www.inquiringmind.com/

BunkslobsterShoshin

Comments

• Powerful teachings. Wow. Something for everone everyone. Come to think ... EverOne is the correct word ...

<3 Many thanks @Kerome <3

BunksJeroen
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

‘The gift of Dhamma excels all other gifts – sabba danam dhamma danam jinati’

The Buddha

lobsterJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I had a look through a few more issues, there is a lot of content there. I’ll probably return to it regularly, reading an issue over a few days or a week.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Very much enjoying the Enlightenment issue (whose cover you posted over there @lobster), it was a good choice.

“According to classical Buddhist understanding, the person doesn’t have problems, the person is the problem. It is because we conceive of everything in terms of me and mine, in an absolute sense, that we continue to suffer. We have to make a paradigm shift from “me and my problems” to “the Buddha seeing the Dhamma.” Buddha wisdom is the ultimate subject—the One Who Knows. And Dhamma—the Way Things Are, Nature—is the ultimate object, which can have no owner. As this shift is made, the heart is liberated. The world is still the way it is, but it’s no longer a problem, and it’s certainly not mine.”
    — Ajahn Amaro

• How fortunate to have the interweb and such dharma resources 😍

Reading
    Being-ness: Your God
    By Yael Shy

in the God issue (something for everyone atheists too) <3
    I loved the terribleness of g** and her voidiness ... ;)

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

@lobster said:
    I loved the terribleness of g** and her voidiness ... ;)

:) the joy of rediscover her. many ways:christzen,be still and know.the way of the spirit...breath, the energy and flow. with the river ,fields of flowers.earths grace dharma expressed.

in dao,align with grace,natural state,effortless effort.
    in buddhism,align with grace,the four immeasurable space,in and out,kind,love,joy,center or equimity.

seek and find as the way shower suggest,buddha lao christ rumi suggest:in you