Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your best threads

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

I was just revisiting one of my old threads from a few years ago on violent video games and Buddhism, and it was quite worthwhile for me to re-read that thread, there were parts of the discussion that I had forgotten or glossed over at the time.

So it reminded me, maybe it would be a good thing to have a “your best threads” feature, which would run an algorithm on the threads you had created to sort them by length, and some mix of the number of posts and the number of insightfuls/hugs you received in each thread in total, to create kind of a ‘greatest hits’ of your history on the forum.

I know we can currently bookmark old threads so that we don’t need to search for them, but it would be nice if the forum had a little overview of your best contributions at the click of a button.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Clinging to the Past, much...?😳

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Just wondering what a selection of old threads would turn up :) could be interesting to revisit

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I sometimes search for topics we have covered countless times, to inform (usually) new members asking a particular question, and find comments I posted years ago. I'm left wondering, "My goodness, did I write that? Wow... "
    But I don't go through past threads for any curious reasons of my own. That was Then. this is Now.

lobster
  • That was Then. this is Now.

Badly grammered Well said.
    Now is my favourite Being. She is always present ... for the time being ...
    https://www.patheos.com/library/zen/ritual-worship-devotion-symbolism/sacred-time

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

The Time Being.

Something about that title I like.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It’s like something out of Doctor Who.

• @David said:
    The Time Being.

Something about that title I like.

This is the whole of Buddhist Tantra. The personification and generation of abstracts into generated and absorbed beings.

Even though we are for the time being a born and dead end, we are also a Perpetual Buddha. The perfect synchronisation of place, time and emptied delusions.

OM MANI PEME DR HUM