Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

sukha for dukha?

Previously ...
https://newbuddhist.com/discussion/15947/whats-wrong-with-pleasant-experiences-in-meditation

As we all know sukha is the genuine goods ...
Buddha existence is bliss [is plan]

So ... still determined duck type dukha/suffering/gritting one teeth through practice or easing into sukha bliss?

Personally I love meditating, might even be a bliss junky if not for mindfulness ...

How gently is it coming and going?

Alex

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Surely being attached to pleasure in meditation is less harmful for us and the world than any other sense pleasure attachments we have.....

Bliss junky away mate......

lobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Ease-y is right... as they say.

I’ve always had a certain doubt of pleasant experiences in meditation, I find it hard to accept that I can affect things such that these feelings come visit me. As if I don’t deserve them. I find it more natural to take something more difficult and keep plugging away at that. But that’s just my hangup, about my relationship with pleasure.

It’s a good thing to be confronted with pleasure in meditation, to be able to bliss out or go high. It’s a very useful state I think, it reminds you of what it means to be loved and cherished by the universe, works out the kinks after being in the normal world.

My experience of bliss in meditation is that it comes and goes, sometimes it’s there, more often not. So I’m unlikely to get attached.

AlexBunksShoshinlobster
  • @Bunks said:
    Bliss junky away mate......

Thanks. 'Away' being the operative word ;)

Bunks