Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can't log back in when I've logged out...

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

I'm having a problem signing/logging in...I have to keep changing my password in order to log back in...I tried not logging out yesterday, but this morning I found I was logged out again...

When the sign/log in box appears, it use to had my details eg email address and password all ready to go, but when I clicked on it, a notice appeared on the bottom left of the screen in black saying something along the lines of cannot use stdclass as array....

How do I fix it ? bearing in mind I'm not that computer savvy especially when it comes to tech talk...

However no rush...If I get logged out I'll just change my password...

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I’ve been having problems too, a sginx 502 Bad Gateway error that stayed for a day, and persistent very long load times, like 10 seconds or more...

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

I had the same thing appear too @Kerome , the first signs of a problem was when the 502 Bad gateway error popped up...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Yup, I got that too.. what was it, Friday last?

That's THEIR server error, apparently, nothing to do with the site itself. It seems the server USED by newbuddhist, was having problems, newbuddhist was the victim, but not the source f the issue.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Also, weirdly, "Who's Online", which was originally at the bottom, and then was moved to the top of the left column (my request!) , has now fallen right to the bottom, again..

@Linc is naturally somewhat preoccupied with other matters at the moment, but I'm sure in a while he will call by.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited October 2019

I’ve cleared my internet data and rebooted the device — its an iPad so I don’t do this often — which seems to have helped a little. Still getting some quite long load pauses though.

Changing my DNS to the Google server at 8.8.8.8 seems to have improved things some, maybe its on my end. The search engines are responsive, speed test is showing 45 Mbps download with no packet loss.

This latent batch of changes - switching DNS and rebooting devices - seems to have sorted things out at least temporarily.

@Kerome

Whats DNS and rebooting 'devices' ?

• I have never had a problem lilke that but I have been off the site before. I will try to work on my own end if that helps anything I really don't know. As in my rear end. Hopefully I can work on the Bodhisattva path still and be back to the group again when the tangle is overcome. Ttyl.

@Shoshin said:
    @Kerome

Whats DNS and rebooting 'devices' ?

DNS is your domain name server, it’s a piece of internet infrastructure that’s usually provided your ISP in the device settings they give you. You can configure it manually though, as I have done. Rebooting is just another word for powering off, and then back on again, a time hallowed IT practice to get things to work again :)

Shoshin
    edited October 2019

Keep getting a '502 Bad Gateway' pge each time I attempt to log into the "Save the world" thread. But only THAT thread. Every other thread is fine!

@Kerome said:... Rebooting is just another word for powering off, and then back on again, a time hallowed IT practice to get things to work again :)

I've tried that with dear H.
    Rebooting him to the garage, the shops, the garden... nope. Doesn't work. Some cable somewhere is F**ed.

lobsterShoshinadamcrossleyFosdick

I've found it's better for me to just request & renew my password every time I sign in and stay signed in until I shut down the laptop at night...Trying to fix it any other way is too high tech for my simple (yet complex) mind to comprehend ...In other words I'm a dumb ass when it comes to computer/internet jargon...

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

@federica said:
    Keep getting a '502 Bad Gateway' pge each time I attempt to log into the "Save the world" thread. But only THAT thread. Every other thread is fine!

Me too 🤚

• seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran

@Shoshin said:
    When the sign/log in box appears, it use to had my details eg email address and password all ready to go, but when I clicked on it, a notice appeared on the bottom left of the screen in black saying something along the lines of cannot use stdclass as array....

Can't log in on my home computer without seeing this error every time. Only workaroud is to reset password it seems.

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator

We'll look into these problems. Sorry!

• VimalajātiVimalajāti Whitby, Ontario Veteran
    edited February 2020

@federica said:

I'm having similar troubles with a post I was trying to edit in "The precepts, love and the positive form." The error, for me, is localized to only that thread.

EDIT: I know little about computers, but it looks like my 502 error is something called a "nginx" error. I found this webpage on it, I don't know if it helps.

https://bobcares.com/blog/502-bad-gateway-nginx/

Alex

@Vimalajāti said:

@federica said:

I'm having similar troubles with a post I was trying to edit in "The precepts, love and the positive form." The error, for me, is localized to only that thread.

EDIT: I know little about computers, but it looks like my 502 error is something called a "nginx" error. I found this webpage on it, I don't know if it helps.

https://bobcares.com/blog/502-bad-gateway-nginx/

I am getting the same error for that page.
    We need a @Linc !!

• AlexAlex UK Veteran

Yep, same problem here too 🙄

And here... I’ve tried to access that thread from a few links, but always come back to an nginx error.

It's a conspiracy, I tell you! (PS: I'm not responsible....) :D

AlexFosdick
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

Same ^^

edited February 2020

@adamcrossley said:

@federica said:

Me too 🤚

Were either of you ever able to access that thread? I swore I could this morning (and I mean the "save the world" thread which is also down).

@Vimalajāti said:

@adamcrossley said:

@federica said:

Me too 🤚

Were either of you ever able to access that thread? I swore I could this morning (and I mean the "save the world" thread which is also down).

Which specific thread do you mean, exactly?

I meant the thread that I first replied to in this topic. There is a link up there to a "save the world" thread in a comment from you left on October 2019. This thread also has the same issue for me.

Ah, yes, sorry, I see what you mean. Yes, I get the same error for that thread too. We have glitches in stereo!

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2020

Thanks for the report on current status, Linc.

Thank you @linc, it is wonderful that the forum has such dedicated technical people working behind the scenes.

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Thanks @Linc 🙏🙏🙏

• @Linc said:
    My plan will be to update Vanilla to see if it resolves the login issue. Before I do that, please try clearing your browser cache and deleting your cookies to see if that resolves it.

Done.

Makes no difference. :/
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cache-2617980
    https://www.pcworld.com/article/242939/how-to-delete-cookies.html

Do a web search for your browser ... 🙏🏽

ooh updates ... I likes vanilla ...💗

• Also ... is there an issue posting vimeo vids am using iPadOS ... but not Safari (yuk) ...