Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran

Thanks @Kerome, just signed up...

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

@federica said:
    Consider it done. My mala mantras tonight are dedicated to your Merit.

@federica, your mala mantras paid off—I got the job! I’m joining the SEN department at a large secondary school in Bradford. Offer letter to arrive this week, along with a new chapter in my life.

May you all be happy and well 🙏 ❤️

johnathanBunksShoshinlobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@adamcrossley said:

@federica said:
    Consider it done. My mala mantras tonight are dedicated to your Merit.

@federica, your mala mantras paid off—I got the job! I’m joining the SEN department at a large secondary school in Bradford. Offer letter to arrive this week, along with a new chapter in my life.

May you all be happy and well 🙏 ❤️

Oh good, wonderful news! I am so happy for you! Yay!!

adamcrossleylobster
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Italy, Spain and France on 'Lockdown'.. in the meantime, children here are asking their parents, "What is a loo roll?" None to be found, anywhere!

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

This sudden run on toilet paper 🧻 has me puzzled as well. Of all the things to stockpile, why would people suddenly panic about toilet paper? There is none in the supermarkets here either.

lobster

@Kerome said:
    This sudden run on toilet paper 🧻 has me puzzled as well. Of all the things to stockpile, why would people suddenly panic about toilet paper? There is none in the supermarkets here either.

I haven't used toilet roll in nearly 2 years. There's a lot to be said for a flannel and warm water....

Bunks

@federica said:
    I haven't used toilet roll in nearly 2 years. There's a lot to be said for a flannel and warm water....

Somehow this conversation seems to emerge more than any other on the forum 😂😂

@adamcrossley said:

@federica said:

Yup, we've found the level... :D

adamcrossley
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@federica said:

@adamcrossley said:

@federica said:

Yup, we've found the level... :D

We’ve moved on from toilet paper to rice, bread and mince meat!

• How do you clean your ass with mince meat?

johnathanBunksWalker
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Why are we running out of toilet paper?"
    "Because when one person sneezes, a hundred others shit themselves !"

JeroenBunkslobsterWalker

@lobster said:
    How do you clean your ass with mince meat?

You use a Rag(u).

BunkslobsterWalker

You guys are killing me...

@Bunks said:
    You guys are killing me...

Confucius he say "Better to die of laughter than live like miserable old git".

He say.

Bunkslobster

Yes @Bunks it was on the news here this evening, ...

I was at the beach on Wednesday, however because the holidays are over there was only around 20 odd people scattered over the beach...

Haven't had any applicants for days... Maybe people are taking the 'stay away from crowds' a little bit too literally....?

BunksJeroen
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

It’s funny, I hear there are more people in online games. Odd that they are not coming to forums.

• johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran

It is easier to escape reality than to face it.

lobsterfedericaBunksShoshin

I thought some happy news would be appreciated. My partner and I wrote our wedding vows today:

I take you to be my beloved,
    promising to be a loving and faithful partner.
    I will share my life openly with you;
    I will cherish and support you;
    I will delight in your spirit
    and be true to you through good times and bad.
    To these things I give my word.

Weddings in the UK have been cancelled for the time being, so fingers crossed all will be well in August.

johnathanlobsterJeroen
  • @adamcrossley said:
    Weddings in the UK have been cancelled for the time being, so fingers crossed all will be well in August.

As a dudeist priest, I can marry you ... but I can't be bothered with all that stuff ... ;)
    https://dudeism.com/wedding-ceremony/

Also you are not planning on a three way wedding ... 🤪🤦🏼‍♀️

Live long and prosper 💗🌈🦞

adamcrossleyBunks

I’ll do a trip to the Monastery this morning to drop off some food and supplies for them.

There are 11 people there at the moment.

https://nbm.org.au/

Might be the last time I can get up there for a while.

adamcrossleylobster
  • Might be the last time I can get up there for a while.

You are always there.

In other words we live in our inspiration.

Bunks

Thanks @lobster <3

edited March 2020

Well I guess it's not a totally useless announcement..

Bunks
  • Sent this message to my local community corona crown virus support group
    The admins removed it. Que?
    Where did I go wrong? :p

Please translate into human speech ... or maybe I will try again ... been drinking Italian coffee without milk ... was fine ...
    ——-

Dear Citizens,

This is Sparta ... 💗🙏🏽🌈

Bravo to all those working for our emerging and emergency services 😷
    Wonderful to watch videos.👁

I am looking after my elderly mother who has alzheimers and a recovering crazy sibling. Not easy but hey others are in fear and anxiety and have no one to deliver food.
    We do.
    Allah, Ganesh, Baby Jesus and Speghetti Monster be praised.
    https://www.spaghettimonster.org/

I am Spartacus (and so are you)

We are nearly out of milk. Anyone have a spare cow? Otherwise we will have to drink herbal tea (whatever that is) 🤔

Please be kind to those deserving and those not (the harder path)💀

As a Dudeist Priest I can offer you ... well nothing much really ... Cows or milk paid for of course🌈
    https://dudeism.com/

Deep Gassho to NHS 🙏🏽💗🕊

adamcrossley

Seems a little bit harsh @lobster, it is only slightly strange :)

lobster

That's lovely news. @Walker , I trust Mother and baby are both well, hale and hearty! Congratulations to your family!

BunksWalkeradamcrossleylobster
    edited March 2020

@Walker said:
    Just got the news my niece had a baby girl this morning. Nice to hear some good news in the midst of all this misery

And the cycle continues <3 Congrats to you and your family @Walker... May you all be safe, be well, be mindful and most importantly be loved.... <3

Walkeradamcrossley
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Yes we're all happy things have turned out well so far. I admit I have been corcerned for them with everything that's going on right now. She gave birth at a birthing centre. I'm glad she is not at a hospital right now

Her husbands family is particularly excited. This is the first girl to be born in their family in four generations

Shoshinadamcrossleylobster

Just been for a walk along the beach...It looks like the beach chairs have got the message....

lobsterBunks
  • Good news @Walker 💗

I get on well with babies. I talk total nonsense and they seem totally attentive. 👼🏽

In other good news ... unrelated? ... we have loads of loo roll. Buddha be praised 🧻

Why did I learn right concentration? To continually bring the mind to the ga-ga-good ...
    Drop the dark places. Stay with baby-beginner-mind 💗🌈🙏🏽

Walker

Ga ga... tathagata🌴💡☸️

lobsterBunksShoshinadamcrossley
  • @Kerome said:
    Seems a little bit harsh @lobster, it is only slightly strange :)

Thanks @Kerome
    You are used to me. They are not. Tried again:

As some of you know in the dharmic religions (Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, Jain etc) Prasad is a form of giving food as a religious duty.

Who is self isolating and needs a free curry?
    ... curried goat anyone?

Bake and deliver?

Who is offering this?

I am awaiting my tali-on-wheels ...
    Gnashers at the ready ...

Thanks everyone

edited April 2020

It's hot and sunny... :)B)

BunksWalker

Bloody freezing here. Overnight lows of -20C. ☃️

ShoshinBunks

I can sit on my balcony in a sunny 12C. Although there is a chill northerly wind which takes temperatures down to -3C.

ShoshinBunks

Remember....This too shall pass ...

BunksWalker
    edited April 2020

My walk this morning before home detention (AKA working from home) shift...

BTW that little dot you can see towards the top of the first photo, is a wasp...There was a swarm of them the other day feeding on a dead rabbit on the grass...

WalkerBunkslobster

Fortunately, the part of the island where I live does not have many people/residential properties around, it more so a rural area, so next to no people around,...lockdown or no lockdown, this is the norm....
    Well there are the occasional trampers, but during lockdown next to none, apart from those tourists who are 'stuck' on the island...

BunksWalker

My walk to the lookout close to where I live, this morning before lunch...

BunksFrogpond

I'm just waiting for a possibly-revised verdict the next hangover he has...

Bunks
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator

It's been several days and I still keep staring at it and smiling. I love it SO MUCH

lobsterfedericaBunksFrogpond

I take it it's as functional as it is decorative? I know it's pretty, but you're gonna have to hit those bad boys (and girls!) Some time!! 🤣🤣

BunksFrogpond
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator

I use my keyboard more than any other device in my life. It's how I do my work and talk to most of my friends. Believe me, it's functional :D

BunksFrogpond

My walk before lunch through "The Valley of Tranquility" (just across the road from the property I live on)

...to pick some Kawakawa leaves to make some tea...

...the ones that insects have started to eat are the best,ie, they contain more medicinal properties

adamcrossleyBunkslobsterStraight_Man