Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How many sentient beings in your social distancing bubble?

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran

Well no doubt most of us have heard of the term 'isolation/social distancing bubble'

In my bubble there's me along with all the other selves that call me home ;)

How many people (including family animal companions) living in your bubble ?

Bunksadamcrossley

Comments

• johnathanjohnathan Canada Veteran

I provide an essential service (Behavioural Interventionist - I care for clients in their homes) so my bubble is nowhere near as small as I would like it to be. I work in homes with 1 client and one other staff at any given time. I work 24 hour shifts and we practice social distancing with our clients as best we can.

At home, it's just me and the Girlfriend and her daughter (5) and a 90lb Black lab and 2 cats. She works from home and home schools her daughter. I haven't had my son stay with us since the social distancing started and won't until it lifts. We text and call for now. It really sucks but what do you do.

ShoshinWalkerlobsterAlex
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Good on you @johnathan I admire your dedication and commitment .... <3

I work/volunteer for two essential services, one of which I can work from home on the laptop...

My other work involves helping people in financial difficulties, we also run the local foodbank which is an essential service, however , I along with the other staff have been advised to stay at home( in my case it's due to my respiratory condition) ...which just leaves the manager to handle the calls and deliveries if clients can't come i to pick food up, fortunately some of the other staff (younger & fitter) are on call to help out if need be...

WalkerjohnathanAlex
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Just Mrs Walker and Smokey our cat at home with me.

Mrs Walker is still working. She's been home since Friday. Going back tomorrow night starting 4 twelve hour night shifts.

My brother had to lay me off for now. Hopefully there will be people willing to spend money on home renovations when this eventually blows over. Might be a slow summer even if the pandemic situation improves by then

I've been staying in as much as possible as I am on a biological immunosuppressant.

We've been in touch with extended family by text phone and email and everyone seems to be doing ok. So far

johnathanShoshinlobsterAlex

@Walker, yes it's good to stay in touch with family and friends, my children are scattered all over Europe ...my three sons in Hungary, Germany, London and my daughter live in the bottom of the north island Wellington...We are all in touch daily.... Does your wife work in the medical profession ?

Alex

No. Rail services at an oil refinery

Shoshin

An essential service <3 ...You and your family stay safe....

Walker

Thanks @Shoshin. Same to you :)

Shoshin
  • How many sentient beings in your social distancing bubble?

Everyone

ShoshinAlexadamcrossleyDavid

Are you saying that people give you a wide berth ;)

WalkerlobsterBunks
  • Some great posts πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’—πŸŒˆ

The world really is a good place, with good people.

Iz plan. Always.

adamcrossleyShoshinBunksAlex
  • Lost count.

BunksShoshin