Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Body of Mind

As some of you know, part of the Mind is in the body.

How does your body effect your well being?

For me:

• pottering in our tiny garden
  • lotus martial art style, designed to be used seated
  • mega b vitamin
  • healthy food with the yum factor

also healthy emotional outlets ... but that is another thread ...

ShoshinAlexJeroen

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

For me...

• Sleep is very important
    • Being easy, being relaxed
    • A vigorous walk
    • Cleanliness, showers and soap

It is the parable of the lute, if it is strung too tight the snares break, if it is too loose there is no music. One needs a certain level of activity, even if it is relatively little.

adamcrossleyAlexlobster
  • Lute 💗

When showering, in the Tibetan vajrayana tradition I was taught to use the washed away water as an offering to those in the hell realms. Same for going to the toilet.

This is my bodhi, given for you ... eh wait ... we are not into Transubstantiation ... then again ...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transubstantiation

• paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

the good will,bread(livelyhood),health,environment.these three affect another for our wellfare and happyness.less worry when all three are met we become more well.right bread,right health,right environment.right as in the perfect action for you.

so i work,try to eat right and be at a nice place.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    When showering, in the Tibetan vajrayana tradition I was taught to use the washed away water as an offering to those in the hell realms. Same for going to the toilet.

How amusing. Did that mean you had to collect the used bathwater and place it on an altar? 🧐 Anyway @lobster I did not know you had vajrayana training, but it seems to fit, given the kinds of things you say...

• No. Fresh water is normally used on the alter. If using a shower, the negativity is washed off and visualised as quenching the thirst of hell dwellers. Same with bath water ...

... meanwhile Buddha ablutions ...
    https://www.buddhistdoor.net/features/a-vesak-ritual-bathing-the-buddha