Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The REALITY outside our self imposed reality bubble...

ShoshinShoshin No one in particularNowhere Special Veteran
edited April 2020 in General Banter

Well it would seem that we now live within in a bubble within a bubble ...that is the social distancing bubble is within our normal reality bubble that we normally live/get caught up in aka the 'mind sense' illusions....

But if one manages to get a sneak peek outside this somewhat self imposed claustrophobic reality bubble, one begins to see the real world and all it's beauty & wonder...

Whosoever sees Dependent Origination sees the Dharma...Whosoever sees the Dharma sees Dependent origination

I often think what a wonder 'full' world we live in...if only for this moment in time...

lobsterFosdickFrogpondadamcrossley

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited April 2020

I think there is a danger now that we are more reliant on the internet that in this time of coronavirus we become more attached to our news bubble. I wouldn’t want to rely on Facebook for news.

So I am taking in even less news than usual. Once a day in the evening I take in the main news on tv, and in the mid morning I take a look at The Guardian’s front page. Once a week or so I will have a Twitter session, to catch up with the highlights from a few other sources.

I do like the parliamentary information sessions which they broadcast on tv. It’s a great way to keep up with the way coronavirus care is developing here.

lobsterShoshin
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

In my state construction is considered an essential service, so I am still out working and interacting with others. Some of my work is cosmetic and not really essential but 3 of my jobs right now are for remodels that were in process when the world changed, 2 kitchen remodels and one whole home remodel that people need back in working order.

Everyone is keeping a safe distance and I am disinfecting the areas I'm working in at the start of the day and washing my hands whenever I venture out of it. Also, going through a process of removing work clothes and disinfecting everything I touched while out in the world everyday when I get home.

Anyway, talking with my clients I've had people who have barely gone out in weeks who stay in a separate part of the house and wear masks while I'm around. People who are working hard at home in fields that are in very high demand right now to help adjust to the new reality while trying to keep their kids studying, worrying about what is coming. One person who works at home and lives alone that mainly seems to care about the economic costs to her and whether she can continue to make the cosmetic design changes she wants. Met with someone today who works for a company making test kits, that Trump brought to a press conference, but is of the mind that this is all overblown and kind of like the flu.

I live in a lower economic area that hasn't really felt the effects from the virus yet. While I and some of my neighbors are still working I see many vehicles that are normally gone during the day home all the time now. I don't know them personally but I do wonder and worry about their economic health. And I work for middle to upper income homeowners who are adjusting to a new way of life and trying to wrap their head around the potential threat to themselves and their parents and the longer term economic fallout from putting so much on hold.

Personally, me and my sister are trying, somewhat successfully to get our mother to take this seriously. She never gets sick and seems to be prepared for and at peace with her own death. She is staying at her or her fiance's house and does shop during the old people's hour at the grocery store. Though we'd rather she order online and pick it up. I'm half hoping I do get some time off to plant a vegetable garden and do semi spiritual retreat. Its kind of weird though, I'm really quite introverted and practice social distancing as a normal course of life, but have had the desire to spend more time with people now more than I have in a long time.

ShoshinWalkerBunkslobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Stay safe @person <3

Bunksperson