Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pema Chödrön’s working with chaos

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

An interesting article in Lion’s Roar

This is the primary method for working with painful situations—global pain, domestic pain, any pain at all. We can stop struggling with what occurs and see its true face without calling it the enemy. It helps to remember that our practice is not about accomplishing anything—not about winning or losing—but about ceasing to struggle and relaxing as it is. That is what we are doing when we sit down to meditate. That attitude spreads into the rest of our lives.

It’s like inviting what scares us to introduce itself and hang around for a while. As Milarepa sang to the monsters he found in his cave, “It is wonderful you demons came today. You must come again tomorrow. From time to time, we should converse.” We start by working with the monsters in our mind. Then we develop the wisdom and compassion to communicate sanely with the threats and fears of our daily life.

https://www.lionsroar.com/pema-chodrons-three-methods-for-working-with-chaos/

Good stuff.

federicalobsterShoshinBrianJeffreyFosdick

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

That is what we are doing when we sit down to meditate. That attitude spreads into the rest of our lives.

Hence why it is important to practice practice practice

"And so we do not sit in order to become enlightened; we sit as an expression of enlightenment."

~Dogen~

johnathanlobsterRen_in_blackFosdick
  • I luvs them monsters!

You know the monster under the bed? I gets under the bed and tells her
    BOO! I left fear in the bed for you to eat. Go quiver yourself to death.

Them monsters die for a friend like that ...

how
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@johnathan stick around, you'll get use to it. It will become the norm! :D

• @johnathan said:
    There needs to be a wtf button added. 😀

Some monster ate it. :o

As a hellish chaos creature (I am a wer-lobster) Chaos is my Tao. In other words, we are what we say/think/fear/love/consume etc. We might say nothing pushes our button more than our karma ...

johnathan