Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mandatory Implementation of Artificial Intelligence

Anyone can clearly see that the world rulers are setting the stage for the masses to use artificial intelligence. Knowing as we do that the human struggle is to battle this need to control external things, the world, situations etc., the leading control addicts will use this against those losing that battle. Being Buddhist is an advantage as we understand and practice non attachment but it is still a practice, and the extend to which people's will may be tested could be very painful. Has anyone contemplated the likelihood that they will be forced to accept a "vaccine" or "microchip"; some sort of AI implant under the guise of making life easier for the masses when it is basically just one more method of controlling the population? Have you considered the strength of your resolve? Obviously, what will be will be, but as a compassionate Bodhisattva, do you feel obligated to warn people about what is coming or simply observe it as it unfolds? Regardless of our diligent practice to end the cycle of birth and rebirth, we may in fact reincarnate into this material plane again. This brings us to the trickery. The truth is that pain and suffering can be ended or created through integrating with artificial technology. The controllers can use resources, food, water, technology as leverage so people will integrate out of fear as they always have. The result in this case however, is that one loses their conscious sovereignty and is controlled by some external source. Also, the controlling entities can cause suffering as well as make it impossible to be lucid and master of one's own consciousness. If this were the case then I do not see how it would be possible for a anyone to reach enlightenment or be of service to other in that respect. This is the definition of the Anti Christ system or Beast system and it goes beyond simply controlling money and resources. I realize all of this is worldly drama but the tentacles of delusion reach deep into the fabric of consciousness. Organic ascension or "rainbow death" will be necessary to escape the birth and rebirth process or the artificial, managed existence. There is also a very distinct possibility according to the testimony of the ancients, that there will in fact be a Plasma Event which is referred to as the return of Christ. It would be the shifting of mass consciousness to a harmonic resonance akin to the rainbow body ascension of an individual master. This is to take place only after we face the AI and AC dilemma as the universal spirit body ascends. This is validated in terms of physics. Those that are successful in retaining their sovereignty as masters of consciousness do in fact have the opportunity to ascend out of this level of existence but many will not. I am curious to hear the opinions of others. P.S. This is not fear based; just postulating.

lobster

Comments

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I do think powerful people will use AI to increase their power and control. I also think there will be people who will use it to increase human flourishing. These are sort of within the realm of normal human struggles and in my opinion aren't all that great of a threat.

To the extent that I do worry about AI, it is around run away AI intelligence and it developing a mind and will of its own. Would humans even be a consideration for these new gods? At best maybe we would be kept as pets of sorts, at worst our fates may matter to the AIs as much as ants do to us.

The future of AI is uncertain though. Maybe general intelligence is a harder problem than we imagine (99% of the work is often the last 1%) and AI will be limited to specific algorithms that humans can use as tools.

If along with greater social and political control comes solutions for clean and abundant energy, cures for cancer and other diseases, greater efficiency and abundance leading to more leisure, maybe I'd be willing to make that trade off?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Take each step as it comes. I will be reborn (not reincarnated) into a currently unknown plane. Whether human or not remains to be seen. I have no recollection of past lives, so I doubt I will recollect this one.
    I cannot predict my thoughts, and cannot determine whether they are apprehensive or not.
    Frankly, I don't give it any thought.
    To what end?

I have enough on my plate dealing with today's reality, without considering tomorrows hypotheticals.

lobsterFosdickBunksFrogpond
  • @federica said:
    Take each step as it comes. I will be reborn (not reincarnated) into a currently unknown plane. Whether human or not remains to be seen. I have no recollection of past lives, so I doubt I will recollect this one.
    I cannot predict my thoughts, and cannot determine whether they are apprehensive or not.
    Frankly, I don't give it any thought.
    To what end?

I have enough on my plate dealing with today's reality, without considering tomorrows hypotheticals.

Well as I explained the result is suffering if we are not master over our own consciousness as is the Buddhist teaching. You don't have to consider the hypothetical, but that is what I was looking for.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Why?
    If you are master over your own consciousness, what then?
    if you're not, what then?

Why are you worrying over it?

Frogpond
  • If anyone feels this is not worth considering then by all means don't feel obligated to take time to comment that you have no time to think about it lol. > @federica said:

Why?
    If you are master over your own consciousness, what then?

Why are you worrying over it?

Why am I looking to hear people's opinions? lol Why are you on this site? Why do you assume I am worried about it? It is just a discussion. You have made it clear this is not worth your time. I understand. Thanks

• If you are master over your own consciousness, what then?

To echo Buddhist teachings, when you master consciousness you no longer cling to thoughts that cause suffering. If you are not lucid because you are hooked up to AI where your thoughts are controlled by someone else, then you have no ability to end your own suffering. The choice we likely be given is to either accept AI or starve and do without comforts and technologies etc. This is why Buddhists and other traditions practice self abnegation, to prepare for this kind of thing. Many people are simply floating around not aware of what is taking place. Most people cannot bare to sit still and silent for five minutes or do one hour without their computer or phone. Most people cannot start a fire and have no clue what wild plants they can eat or not. They would lose their minds when they realized they have no idea how to survive and trust me THAT will cause a great deal of suffering in the world. That is why we PRACTICE self discipline. Because when someone holds a gun to your head suddenly people find they are willing to do just about anything to live. Yes, we just do what we do. But this is a discussion. That is all. That is my point..

I'm on this site because I have been for 16 years and am head moderator. (Hi.)

It's one aspect of my job to discern people' motivations, and rationale.
    "Worrying" is just a turn of phrase. I don't mean 'worried' in the sense of fretful or concerned. I mean worried in the sense of discussing something which is pointless speculation.
    Practice is better than conjecture....

SuraShinelobster
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Can I make a suggestion? It's much easier to read your stuff if you put it in paragraphs. I zoned out after about 5 lines......

Your best bet is to get out of Samsara. If you need help with that, the Buddha attempted to make the path clear.

https://www.lionsroar.com/who-was-the-buddha/#teach

SuraShine
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

Sorry as soon as I ascertained the AI conspiracy theory side of it I didn't read on.

Bunks

A guy I work with kept bombarding me with 5G conspiracy theories. I had to stop talking to him.....

SuraShine

The other thing that annoys me about conspiracy theorists is they often have this smugness about them like they're cleverer than you.

"I know why this is happening and you don't blah blah blah. If you believe what they're telling you then you're a fool...."

All that kinda junk.

SuraShine
  • I am curious

Indeed.

Maybe you have been karmically chipped?

Bunks

@Bunks said:
    Can I make a suggestion? It's much easier to read your stuff if you put it in paragraphs. I zoned out after about 5 lines......

Yes, @Phiremonkey , I can edit your posts and split it into paragraphs if you want. (Not that it will alter the gist of the content, but it might make it more fun to read...)

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Well in the case of AI it’s not just a conspiracy theory, although it looks like one. Some of the things they are doing in China with face recognition and body recognition are pretty dystopian, and there is potential for that kind of technology misuse to spread.

lobster
  • @person said:
    I do think powerful people will use AI to increase their power and control. I also think there will be people who will use it to increase human flourishing. These are sort of within the realm of normal human struggles and in my opinion aren't all that great of a threat. . . .

I would like to thank you and Kerome, for actually reading what I wrote and sharing views about the topic rather than making this about me, presuming to know my feelings and my state of awareness, telling me what a waste of time this post and topic was, commenting on how long the paragraph is, judging people for their "conspiracy theories" etc. personal judgements about me personally. I see that it seems important for some to comment that they do not want to comment. lol And some refuse to read the entire post based on a reference they do not wish to face or talk about. That tells me so much more about the person commenting than their view about the actual topic. It is very easy to see how far along people are in their "egolessness" practice here based upon their comments . The one thing that is troubling is that the moderator presumes to be the authority over discerning for others what is "pointless speculation". In this case saying, "practice is better than conjecture" is being dismissive of my questions and advice regarding THE PRACTICE. When the Buddha gives you parables to teach a lesson he is using conjecture. Correct? This has been interesting. Thanks.

• One of the most important teachings in Buddhism is being prepared for suffering and death. That is what the PRACTICE is about; how to walk through life fully awake and prepared to deal with whatever life may throw at us. Being dismissive to avoid the inevitable is delusion. To be clear, I am not trying to get anyone to believe in a particular conspiracy theory but to face the reality that humans operating out of fear seek absolute control of things, situations and people. This is fundamental Buddhist teaching. The world is illusion Buddhists understand, and only a construct "controlled" by the humans that want control the most. This has always been the case if anyone has ever learned anything from human behavior and history. The natural progression is that when the masses awaken and learn more about technologies, the controlling entities must take their control tactics to the next level. If you cannot see the coming cliff you are more likely to go over the edge. Foresight is beneficial. This is not about fear of death. Any of us could die today or today.Transhumanism is the issue at hand, a far worse conundrum than death whether you are a Christian, Muslim or practicing Buddhist etc.

We are now and will continue to be, forced by the powers that be to choose between doing things for money (credit) to live, eat, having access to resources, comforts, technologies all controlled by a few OR to possibly be killed or face great suffering. Everyone decides for themselves the strength of their resolve. In this world, suffering and death are inevitable. But humans that fear death will allow themselves to integrate AI into their nervous systems whereby every aspect of living is controlled by an external entity. This is the next phase of control. It is already in effect and not conjecture. People will seek technologies to prolong their lives and be comfortable. My question is, "Are you prepared for a world construct that will force you to choose between accessing your innate abilities, remaining a sovereign soul and master of consciousness or will you opt to become part of an artificial hive mind? " Are you a true practitioner or living in your own illusion?" It is not a judgement but a hard question to ask yourself.

lobster

All the best @Phiremonkey 🙏

"Would you get upset at a small crooked tree in the forest for not being tall and straight like some of the others? Don't judge other people" - Ajahn Chah

A lesson for us all.

SuraShinelobster
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

@Phiremonkey

Whether your AI forecast is true or not, somewhere a survivalist radar has been set off.

That being said..and having had to address my own survivalist tendencies in accruing off grid bush skills (expedition kayak camping every summer up north)...........

The main purposes of your average ego is to survive at all costs.
    A survivalist's attitude can be a good representation of an indulgence in ego.

The main purposes of your average Buddhist practice is to address sufferings causes.
    A Buddhist's attitude can be a good representation of the antithesis of ego.

A survivalist attitude is generally an incompatible vehicle to choose for transport on the Buddhist path towards suffering's cessation.

• AI is just another tool. It's worth or danger will be determined by the humans who use, direct and control it. AI saves lives, AI guides weapons. AI, as with any other tool, will aid or harm us depending upon who uses it and how it is used. I have no fear of AI - It has and will benefit us in countless ways, I fear the abuse of the power and potential of AI by HI. Though I must admit, I have great hope for HI.

Peace to all