Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Funny Stuff

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Teenager 1: "Hey, I bet you're still a virgin."
    Teenager 2: "Yeah, Well... I was a virgin - until last night ."
    T. 1: "Hah! As if!"
    T. 2: "Yeah? Just ask your sister."
    T. 1: "What..? I don't have a sister."
    T. 2: ".....You will in about nine months...!"

(let that sink in.....)

personWalkerJohnCobb
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

An American couple were visiting the UK, driving through Scotland. As they approached Ballachulish*, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, at which point they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?" She leaned over the counter and said, "Maaac-Donnn-aaaalddds."

(*It's pronounced Ball-a-hoo-lish.)

BunksWalkerShoshinRob_V

My friend told me he had the body of a Greek god.

I had to explain to him that Ho-Tei is not Greek.

WalkerRob_V
  • LionduckLionduck Veteran

"...tell him about the rocks?"

@Lionduck said:
    "...tell him about the rocks?"

....... what...?😳🤨

• GuiGui Veteran

I find myself up in the middle of the night working on a software production problem and remembered a joke for us computer nerds:
    A programmer is going to the grocery store and his wife tells him, "Buy a gallon of milk, and if there are eggs, buy a dozen." So the programmer comes home with 12 gallons of milk.

• a good programmer looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.
    WalkerBunksShoshinlobster

@Gui... that would SO be my ex-H!!

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Q. How many Zen masters does it take to change a light bulb?
    A. Thursday

ShoshinlobsterWalkerhow
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

howBunksWalkerperson

ShoshinWalkerRen_in_black
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

These are scam monks, selling trinkets for 'voluntary' donations ... and keeping the cash ...

Just so people know ... and now back to the jokes ...

Scamonk? loads of hair; dead give-away. Carrying a shopping list? Must have money somewhere... The Hand Mudra is another....

howlobster

@lobster said:
    These are scam monks, selling trinkets for 'voluntary' donations ... and keeping the cash ...

Just so people know ... and now back to the jokes ...

Perhaps it's a case of ...Charity begins at home...

Bunks
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

A farmer was standing across from his three sons. “Now which of you boys pushed the outhouse into the creek last night?” Silence greeted his words. The farmer went on to remind his boys of the story of George Washington, who had chopped down a cherry tree, and whose father had been so proud of him for telling the truth. On hearing this, the youngest son stepped forward and confessed. The farmer picked up a switch and prepared to administer a sound thrashing. “But dad, what about George Washington?” The father replied, “well son, George Washington’s father was not sitting in the cherry tree when he chopped it down.”

— Osho

WalkeradamcrossleyShoshinBunks

WalkerBunks

lobsterBunksWalker

That's my motto... ;)

Bunks

Someone once wisely told me to treat other drivers as if they all have Asperger's....

lobster
  • paulysopaulyso usa Veteran

@Bunks said:

i appreciate that! being forgiven.there is hope.some ladies love idiot funny.it's an art.

johnathan

Walker
    edited May 2020

@federica said:
    Someone once wisely told me to treat other drivers as if they all have Asperger's....

What's that supposed to mean fede?

To be honest with you, as a parent of a child with Asperger's, I find that quite offensive.

Shoshin

@Bunks, I don't think @federica was being offensive or making fun of those with Asperger's ...This is interesting...and I think this is where @federica was coming from with her post...

@Shoshin said:
    @Bunks, I don't think @federica was being offensive or making fun of those with Asperger's ...This is interesting...and I think this is where @federica was coming from with her post...

Thanks @Shoshin - I don’t expect @federica intended it that way either.

It’s just because it’s posted under “funny stuff” it came across as if to be mocking people with Aspergers. And it was also posted without any context.

Shoshin

@Bunks said:

@federica said:

What's that supposed to mean fede?

To be honest with you, as a parent of a child with Asperger's, I find that quite offensive.

I unreservedly apologise if I inadvertently caused offence. @Bunks ,you know I would never say anything deliberately hurtful or insulting.

What I meant was: Realise that every single driver out there is capable of either predictable or unexpected spontaneous manoeuvres that nobody could possibly be prepared for. In other words, be alert and use your mirrors, because you need eyes everywhere, not only in the back of your head. Not every driver is fully concentrated on the task in hand...
    This is particularly true when trying to negotiate the London Orbital, infamous M25. Full of Sunday drivers every day of the week.

My heart goes out to you: my youngest daughter is on the Asperger's spectrum.

Bunkslobster
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

The way I heard it was something like 'Drive as if every other driver is trying to kill you'

The M25 sounds an awful lot like Anthony Henday Drive. What is it with orbitals/beltways/ring roads?

That’s fine @federica - I am just being a protective parent.

Unfortunately kids on the spectrum are prone to being bullied and I’ve seen my daughter treated that way which breaks my heart. I’m just a bit sensitive about it is all.

It’s all good mate ❤️

Shoshinlobsterfederica

Glad to hear it. I would hate to think I had jammed a full pair of size 12's in my mouth, irreparably..

Bunks
    edited May 2020

@Walker said:
    The way I heard it was something like 'Drive as if every other driver is trying to kill you'

The M25 sounds an awful lot like Anthony Henday Drive. What is it with orbitals/beltways/ring roads?

They are built to deal with the needs at the time of the proposed build. By the time they are 'open fo business', those needs have escalated exponentially, thereby making the entire idea woefully inadequate. In other words, they took their eyes off the road... (Did you see what I did, there.. ? ;) )

WalkerBunks
  • adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

WalkerBunksperson

WalkerShoshinadamcrossley

Ba-dum, tch!

Walkeradamcrossleyperson

WalkerBunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited May 2020

Meanwhile this picture of a farm in Nevada

Walker

howWalkerBunks

@Shoshin said:

Well it seems I have a problem... I was initially offended by this, because someone who obviously misheard and might well have a hearing problem, has been called an idiot... Hmmm.. I should watch how I react, to such unintentional insults....

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    edited June 2020

...and of course, moderates. We get it every which way. 😀

Walkerhow
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2020

I want to hit insightful too, @person =)

• GuiGui Veteran

And now for something completely different:

What is the difference between an orchestra and a bull?
    With a bull, the horns are up front and the asshole is in the back.

JeroenBunks

(My Dad was a conductor...)