Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Paintings I saw in a hotel lobby in New Delhi, November 2019

AlexAlex UK Veteran
edited June 2020 in Arts & Writings

I did a little trip to India late last year. I’m so glad I did it, otherwise I don’t know when I’d have gone, given the current scenario. Anyhow, the last night, I stayed in a swanky Corporate hotel in Delhi, close to the airport and there was an art exhibition in the lobby.

I don’t know whether they’re representing Buddhism or Hinduism, or occupying that Crossover bit of the Venn diagram. Anyhow, I loved them and thought I’d share them. Note the Swastikas on the OM painting, as we know, a peace symbol in that part of the World. I got into a long conversation with my private guide re this symbolism within Hinduism, very enlightening. Wish I’d recorded him, so I could remember all he said.

WalkerJeroenShoshinBunkslobsteradamcrossley

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Very nice @Alex , well done for taking the photos... Great imagery, I like the top one, particularly.

Alex
  • AlexAlex UK Veteran

@federica Thank you, yes me too re the top picture 🙏

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2020

Cancelled.

Major dyslexic pontification on what is clockwise and what is counter clockwise on a swastika.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Thanks for sharing Alex,

Just thought I would point out that I am related to that hotel lobby ... distant cousin ;)

Must admit I found the swastika was fine in the second image. I normally have a deep cultural aversion to them.

The first image I find very empowering. I would love to see it as a temple guardian. Not scaring away the negative forces but keeping them in the temple for transformation ... <3

Heil Krishna o:)

adamcrossleyAlex
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Lovely @Alex, both images are very nice.

Alexlobster