Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Pure Land

opiumpoetryopiumpoetry Delaware, Ohio, USA Explorer

I guess if attaining Bodhi via meditation is like taking the freeway going 60 mph, Pure Land is like getting there via slower country roads--it'll take longer, but it'll be an easier, more relaxing ride (and maybe more scenic, as well?). Any thoughts from anyone?

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran

Perhaps " Meditation & chanting" only have the speed limits, routes and travel times that the traveler chooses.

opiumpoetryKotishka
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@opiumpoetry said:
    I guess if attaining Bodhi via meditation is like taking the freeway going 60 mph, Pure Land is like getting there via slower country roads--it'll take longer, but it'll be an easier, more relaxing ride (and maybe more scenic, as well?). Any thoughts from anyone?

I reckon "Bodhi" via meditation will be difficult for your typical lay person with the every day commitments and distractions.

However, getting to the Pure Land in the next life will remove all these obstacles plus regression to the lower realms.

So I'd actually suggest the Pure Land path is probably quicker for your average person...

opiumpoetry
  • opiumpoetryopiumpoetry Delaware, Ohio, USA Explorer

@Bunks said:

I reckon "Bodhi" via meditation will be difficult for your typical lay person with the every day commitments and distractions.

However, getting to the Pure Land in the next life will remove all these obstacles plus regression to the lower realms.

So I'd actually suggest the Pure Land path is probably quicker for your average person...

SO YOU'RE SAYING IT'D BE BOTH QUICKER AND EASIER? WOW! That's quite an argument for Pure Land, I guess.

IMO, be a good person in this life and the next life will take care of itself.

Namaste.

Bunks