Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Subjects limited to "Recent Discussions" and "Best of"

Is there a reason the site now has only "Recent Discussions" and "Best of"?
Did I miss the memo?

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited June 2020

@Linc is probably updating our site software ... 'best of' does no display fo me ...

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@Lionduck said:
    Did I miss the memo?

Are you talking about the phone app? That's undergone a massive change recently..

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

No not the phone app, it’s visible on the main site... the old display of categories of posts is gone, disappeared in the last update which fixed the bad gateway errors.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2020

@Kerome said:
    No not the phone app, it’s visible on the main site... the old display of categories of posts is gone, disappeared in the last update which fixed the bad gateway errors.

I would guess some tweaking had to take place... It's a minor inconvenience, unless it really bugs someone... @Linc may have more answers...

ETA: I also have 'My Bookmarks' included....

Jeroen
  • It is a minor inconvenience. I'll work try fro a work around at this end.Thanks

• AlexAlex UK Veteran

There’s a phone app ?

@Alex said:
    There’s a phone app ?

Well... no... probably the wrong term.... You go through Google chrome and put newbuddhist in the search box and you can access the forum online....

My bad, I just called it that, for 'convenience'. I'm such a techno-doofus, everything's an 'app' to me...

Alex
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@Alex said:
    There’s a phone app ?

The website has a simplified mobile display, apologies for perpetuating the misunderstanding with loose terminology.

Alex

@Lionduck said:
    Did I miss the memo?

You can still get to the display of individual categories by clicking on the categories tags next to the individual posts.

But the site doesn’t get so much traffic that you have to use that, I find just recent discussions enough.

Lionduck