Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

If you were on a desert island

and you had only three "songs" you could have to listen to there, what would they be?
This is something my friends and I have been doing lately during the lock-down and I thought it would be fun to see what you all would pick. Here are three of my all time favorites from three different genres:
Key to the Highway Derek and the Dominoes
Spanish Key Miles Davis
6th Symphony Dmitri Shostakovich

Comments

• WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Bolero - Maurice Ravel
    In My Time of Dying - Led Zeppelin
    Suite: Judy Blue Eyes - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I think...

All Along the Watchtowers — Playing for Change version
    Canto Ostinato — Simeon Ten Holt
    Kind of Blue — Miles Davis

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

Only three songs? Wow, you're brutal.
    Superstition. The live version by Widespread Panic and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band.

Phyllis by Lettuce

Sweet Sixteen by Mickey Hart and The Diga Rhythm Band.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2020

I'm pulling rank here and moving the goalposts: ( :D )

The entire works or Rachmaninov
    The entire works of Glenn Miller
    The entire works of the Beatles.

I have all 3 CD's....

WalkerBunks

Hehe, OP did use "songs" instead of songs @federica

I suppose one could make three very long mixes, only limited to whatever technology/storage one was limited to.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@walker you reminded me of some cds in the 90s where they mixed the ends of songs together, those were fun days...

Walker
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited June 2020

Any of the song choices listed above as long as they were performed live there.

• SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran
    edited June 2020

@federica said:
    I'm pulling rank here and moving the goalposts: ( :D )

The entire works or Rachmaninov
    The entire works of Glenn Miller
    The entire works of the Beatles.

I have all 3 CD's....

Following suit......

The best of Dire Straits
    The best of Cold Chisel
    Every single song of Icehouse in existence..... ;)

WalkerBunks

@SuraShine I saw a YouTube video a few months back featuring Crazy by Icehouse. Hadn't heard it in years...

SuraShine
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited June 2020

@SuraShine said:
    Following suit......

The best of Dire Straits

Ah well, at least you'll have something to help you sleep..... :p

SuraShineAlex
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@person said:
    I think I'd take
    Baby Shark
    Gangnam Style
    And I'm open to suggestions on the last one but maybe Who Let The Dogs Out

You see, this way I could torture my fellow castaways into giving me stuff to stop playing the songs. 😈🎶

You think you jest... isn't this the way the US Government got their hands on Noriega?

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Seriously though, I don't actually listen to music all that much and I don't have a list of favorite songs. As a general principle though I would want something that I can dance and sing to. I would want something soothing and relaxing, a piece of classical music perhaps. And I would want something that would motivate and inspire me to keep trying.

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I might have 3 versions of John Cages masterpiece

Not that I would ever play them ... probably be too busy listening to ambient sounds not recorded on a desert island ... :p