Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Falun Gong

BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hi all

I don't know much about this group except that I often used to see them protesting in the centre of Melbourne against persecution by the Chinese Government.

There's two sides to every story I guess.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-21/inside-falun-gong-master-li-hongzhi-the-mountain-dragon-springs/12442518?nw=0

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Yes, they have been staging a protest outside the Chinese consulate in Auckland for years now, everyday come rain or shine members are there with their banners and meditating .....They are also wandering up and down Queen street (Auckland CBD ) handing out leaflets about how the Chinese government is torturing them and using their organs for transplant surgeries... Some of this is no doubt true, but I don't think they are the only ones this is happening to...

It comes across quite cultish ....

Li Hongzhi is a former Chinese government clerk who founded Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, in China in 1992. He moved to the US in the mid-1990s. His spiritual movement is based on traditional meditation and breathing exercises called qigong. But Master Li added a supernatural layer: it would prepare people to return home to heavenly kingdoms where they had once dwelled, and even teach practitioners to levitate and see through walls.

I guess ...each to their own....

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

If any including their ladder leader can walk through embassy walls or levitate outside it, we can take it as more than relatively freely available qi-ong and meditation. No?

Ah well clue might be right there ...

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited July 2020

Qigong with an added layer of dogmatic belief.
    I mean, nobody is even allowed to reincarnate in China unless the proper paperwork is filled out and approved so yeah... not too free in the religion department in China.

adamcrossley
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Goes to show how much religion and politics are intertwined... If those in power don’t like your religion then you’re out of luck. But I have to say it sounds a bit daft, levitating and seeing through walls seems unlikely to say the least.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I can see through walls. Providing the wall has a window in it. That's a standard proviso....

lobsteradamcrossley
  • I have seen them practice in Treptower park.

They seemed pretty peaceful. But I get my fix with hatha yoga and some cushion Samadhi airlines piloting / passenger tourist class seats at home.

:smile:

• KotishkaKotishka Veteran
    edited July 2020

Falun Gong...challenging the mandate of heaven!