Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hi! I’m New :)

wildflowerswildflowers Australia New
edited July 2020 in General Banter

Hi! I’m new, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Kate. I am fairly new to buddhism. I do not follow a particular branch but I have been looking into Zen, Bon and Theravā and just buddhism concepts generally.

I find dharma talks very calming and helpful to my life and have recently starting using meditation for healing as well as general well-being. Buddhism has made such an important impact on my life and I would love to share in a community of other people passionate about it also.

Otherwise. I am Australian 37, a musician; I make calming ambient ‘spacey’ sometimes ‘noisy’ music, I love to collect music and vinyl records, studying horticulture, listening to fun podcasts, reading dystopian sci-fi/magical realism and cooking vegetarian meals.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the forums!

WalkerJeffreyKotishkaJeroenpersonlobsterFosdickShoshinadamcrossleyVastmindSuraShineroko_buddhistDobs

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Hello my fellow Aussie! Hope you find something useful on here 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻❤️❤️❤️

wildflowers
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Hello, and welcome @wildflowers !

If ever you need to discuss anything of a sensitive or personal nature, feel free to start a discussion, or add to an existing one, in the 'Members-Only' sub-forum. It's the one place that cannot be accessed by lurkers, prying eyes or even internet/web searches. What happens in Members only, stays in Members only. Everything is safe, secret and confidential there...

Everywhere else, you're a moving target! ;):lol:

I'm the resident Moderator, and a fixed feature. Slightly loony, but harmless enough.... !

Bunkswildflowers
  • wildflowerswildflowers Australia New

Thank you @Bunks! Nice to see a fellow Aussie :)
    Hi! @federica. Nice to meet you! Thanks for that, good to know there is a private space.

Bunks
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Greeting's from Aotearoa (NZ)...🌻

Bunkswildflowers
    edited July 2020

Hi @Shoshin! Oh, I love that part of the world!

Shoshin
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I find dharma talks very calming and helpful to my life and have recently starting using meditation for healing as well as general well-being.

Good gracious (village idiot here), when you say calming do you mean they put you to zzz ...
    How apart from Medicine Buddha is healing and well being achieved? Any Corona tips?

Buddhism has made such an important impact on my life and I would love to share in a community of other people passionate about it also.

Let me know if you find anywhere, especially where people are dispassionate about it ... Also any tips on wrathful practice? I am particularly interested in dragging bodhisattvas out of the hell realms for being unduly kind to demons (they hate that) ...

Welcome to NewBuddhist B)

BunkswildflowersDharma_Vibes
    edited July 2020

Thank you @lobster!
    haha! maybe once or twice, :awesome: But no really by healing, I mean I have a habit of a nervous mind which causes problems sometimes and it helps a lot with that. It also helps with a few issues I have with trauma from when I was a child.

With dharma talks I find they are really good for when I have something I am having trouble with and they help me work through it. I think corona tips would be very dependant of each persons situation but groups like this can’t hurt!

Nice to meet you!

lobster

Ps: I have not heard of Medicine Buddha before, this is very interesting. It reminds me a little of Dzogchen, which I found recently while looking into Bön. The Dzogchen meditations I find the most helpful, particularly for the trauma issues, because it builds a sense of internal safety.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

It also helps with a few issues I have with trauma from when I was a child.

You too eh?
    When I was born, they turned me upside down and whacked me on the ass ... I have been crying about it ever since ...

We all have issues. The important thing is the Great Work. Rasayana.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

@wildflowers said:
    Ps: I have not heard of Medicine Buddha before, this is very interesting. It reminds me a little of Dzogchen, which I found recently while looking into Bön. The Dzogchen meditations I find the most helpful, particularly for the trauma issues, because it builds a sense of internal safety.

You might enjoy this...

And this has to be my favourite Metta Chant. Ever.

wildflowers

Thank you @federica. I appreciate that :)

federica
  • VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

HI....Nice to meet you! :)

Shoshin
  • SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

@wildflowers said:
    Hi! I’m new, thought I should introduce myself. My name is Kate. I am fairly new to buddhism. I do not follow a particular branch but I have been looking into Zen, Bon and Theravā and just buddhism concepts generally.

I find dharma talks very calming and helpful to my life and have recently starting using meditation for healing as well as general well-being. Buddhism has made such an important impact on my life and I would love to share in a community of other people passionate about it also.

Otherwise. I am Australian 37, a musician; I make calming ambient ‘spacey’ sometimes ‘noisy’ music, I love to collect music and vinyl records, studying horticulture, listening to fun podcasts, reading dystopian sci-fi/magical realism and cooking vegetarian meals.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the forums!

Hi Kate,

I'm in South Australia :) Nice to meet you.

• Sura
    BunksShoshin
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

Welcome @wildflowers It's nice to have your kind and thoughtful perspective.

BunksShoshinlobster
  • ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

@person said:
    Welcome @wildflowers It's nice to have your kind and thoughtful perspective.

Hold on....are you saying other members are thoughtless ? ...

Hmm no wait, perhaps that's a good thing ;);)

BunksWalkerpersonSuraShine
  • Steve_BSteve_B Veteran

Welcome.
    Do you have links to your music?

• I would like to hear the music too ... <3
    Has she gone?

We really are very kind to the troubled, musicians, crustaceans and fish sholes/shoals.

Bunks