Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Just for fun: the random, useless announcements thread!

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

Many Happy RETURNS of the day @Kerome

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Happy 21st* @Kerome...!

(* Plus VAT, packaging, and shipping costs...!)

adamcrossleylobsterWalker
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    edited July 2020

Funnily enough your post came through at exactly 12.01am Thursday Australian Eastern Standard Time @Kerome . Which means it probably wasn't your birthday anymore.

So I'm not saying anything... =)

• adamcrossleyadamcrossley Veteran UK Veteran

@Kerome said:
    I had a very happy birthday morning, my coffee was served in bed, it was lovely.

Happy Birthday for yesterday @Kerome! I hope you enjoyed a well-deserved rest after all the moving :)

Bunks
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

Who was unborn? Did I miss the cake?

BunksKotishka

My walk today...

It wasn't as windy as it sounds....

lobsterBunksWalker
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

@Shoshin you may have a wind/noise filter on your phone. Thumb over the mic also works ...

Shoshin

Thanks for the tip @lobster ...I'll try that next time...
    The moon and sun (The moon's the tiny speck at the beginning of the video )

BunksWalker
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Brother Sun, Sister Moon.
    Bless St Francis for his infinite simplicity, and inner wisdom of being able to capture the entire universe in the cradling bloom of a small flower.

BunksShoshin

In the above video you can see what looks like a tiny moon floating across the sky then bouncing off the sun...Or it could just be the sun's reflection on the phone camera lens... ;);)
    ....mind you, I prefer to see it as a floating tiny moon :)

Bunks

A random, useless question for the group:

I believe I owe money to a business. I have reached out to them twice and asked them to send me an invoice to pay and they have sworn it will be in the mail. But nothing has ever arrived. The last time was about 6 months ago and they are still providing an ongoing service for me.

Would you reach out a third time?

@Bunks said:
    A random, useless question for the group:

I believe I owe money to a business. I have reached out to them twice and asked them to send me an invoice to pay and they have sworn it will be in the mail. But nothing has ever arrived. The last time was about 6 months ago and they are still providing an ongoing service for me.

Yes, but make sure to keep a paper trail of all correspondence between you and the business for future references if things start to go pear shaped...

Thanks @Shoshin - yes I have records of my correspondence.

Shoshin

@Bunks the delay could be the company is way behind in their invoicing due to Covid19 lockdown restrictions, eg, limited staff on duty...Covid19 has caused major disruptions to lives and businesses...

@Shoshin - I first chased them up in Nov 2019 after they'd been providing the service for me for 7 months. They responded immediately and said they'd invoice me asap.

I followed up in Jan 2020 as I'd heard nothing and received exactly the same response.

6 months later and still nothing.......

Funny way to run a business.

Shoshin

Are you putting aside how much you believe you owe them, so that when they eventually turn up and say, "Oh yeah, man, that's $2,000!" You say, "Here, keep the change, my good man!"

• lobsterlobster Veteran

No.

Iz I Sith?

adamcrossley

@federica said:
    Are you putting aside how much you believe you owe them, so that when they eventually turn up and say, "Oh yeah, man, that's $2,000!" You say, "Here, keep the change, my good man!"

Yeah, that’s not an issue @federica.

Basically someone has been coming to my house once a month for the last 15 months and mowing my lawn.

I agreed with the business that I’d pay $40 a time so I owe them about $600 by my calculations.

The first time I reached out the guy said he’d lost my contact details! The fact that his employee was still coming and mowing my lawn made me chuckle. An interesting comment.

I got the impression it’s a family business so I’m just a little surprised they’ve never charged me?

• lobsterlobster Veteran

People are good @Bunks if allowed ...
    How wonderful to be encouraged and empowered to be a good tenant ...

BunkshowadamcrossleyShoshin

Well for the last couple of days and today it's been really windy...At first i walked to Owhanake Bay...then up through the vineyards to the lookout point at the back of where I live...and boy was it windy...

The track has been closed for a couple of years due to heavy rain causing slips....

Instead of "We're working on it" it should read "We're sleeping on it" because to the best of my knowledge no repair work has been done in the last two years... ;)

BunksWalker
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

A few of the hairs of my moustache are curling back up and they tickle the underside of my nose. I’ve experimented with tugging on them, but they are firmly attached and it is painful. Except for one which came out. Tomorrow I am planning to attack them with scissors.

Bunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

@Kerome said:
    A few of the hairs of my moustache are curling back up and they tickle the underside of my nose. I’ve experimented with tugging on them, but they are firmly attached and it is painful. Except for one which came out. Tomorrow I am planning to attack them with scissors.

Very random and very useless. +5 internet points.

BunksShoshinWalkerlobster
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited August 2020

Only +5?! That post was a work of art, that was. Hours of preparation. Careful planning to achieve the correctly humorous, yet deadpan tone. I am not appreciated ‘round ‘ere. ;)

ShoshinWalkerlobsterBunks
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

You can appeal to the board, expect a timely response in 4 to 6 months.

WalkerBunksJeroenShoshin
    edited August 2020

Covid-19: DUe to recent events concerning the Coronavirus epidemic, we have reduced the number of staff available to deal with telephone enquiries. Please be patient. We shall be dealing with your case as quickly and efficiently as possible. You may expect a timely response in 4 to 6 months.

Dear Mr. Keroam, Kermoan Kermit

Dear sir,

Your appeal is pending investigation.

We may ask for further clarification. Should you receive such a request, you may be required to supply any corroborating evidence to support your application. Please note, we cannot return documents; you are therefore advised to submit photocopies.
    Please use a registered envelope.

Our current office hours are: Monday - Friday 10.00am - 10:15; 12:00 - 12:10; 17:25 - 17:30;
    Except Tuesdays, when Costa coffee opens late, and Barry the doorman has problems with his back (he can't get it off the bed), Wednesdays when the local market is on and you can get some really good deals on veg, just before they all pack up, and Fridays when, hey, it's Friday.

BunkspersonShoshin

Well that's just too cute for verbals...

Well on my walk into the village this morning I started out with four layers of clothing on...It was blue sky. sunny but with a cool breeze...By the time I got to the path leading up into the village from the beach I was down to three layers, it had warmed up a lot, the sun was overhead...some crazy people were in T shirts and shorts...(When I got home I opened the deck door and am now down to one layer...)

Anyhow I called into work to finish writing up an interview I had with a client yesterday, then walked to the Red Cross op shop, bought a book "Sterogram" where 3D images come out of the page...I've still got one that I've had for years called "Magic Eye"...simple things please simple minds ;) It's amazing when thinking of eye consciousness and perception and how we have learnt how to see thing in 3D...
    Can you see a large Buddha sitting in meditation ?

Bunks

These kind of stereogram images have never worked for me.

@Kerome said:

Or, more accurately, you have never managed to successfully visually configure them...

@Shoshin I see it... But had to hold my laptop screen about 3" away from my eyes, to blank out the lateral panels...

Shoshin

Check this out

@Shoshin said:

Check this out

I can't respect an article that can't spell "Weird".... 😆

Shoshin
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

@Kerome said:

I could never get the hang of it either.

Oh, I feel so damn superior!! 👸

Shoshin

It's all to do with eye consciousness training on a different level...We already have developed the ability to see our world in 3D, ...We just need to train it to see the hidden 3D images...

Bring the image up close to the face focusing one's attention on a spot at the centre of the image and slowly move away from the image keeping one's attention/focus on the spot at the image's centre...You will begin to go cross/boss eyed...and then the magic will happen...the image will either jump out at you or sink into the page...

edited August 2020

This morning's moon before meditation, it was a full moon last night...

The morning's full moon is shinning bright, as the darkness patiently awaits the morning's daylight

lobsterBunksadamcrossley
  • WalkerWalker Veteran Veteran

Heh... I can see it now.

I guess no one ever explained it well enough before. Thanks @Shoshin

Shoshinlobster
    edited August 2020

You're welcome....

After some practice you just need to look at the centre of the image allow the eye focus to cross and gradually focus again as the 3D image appears...

Nada, niks, niente, not a dickey bird... just a touch of eyestrain

edited August 2020

@Kerome said:

Perhaps you are trying too hard, just relax with no expectations in mind...

In the other image of the Buddhas, the white with a touch of blue circular images jump out and the other images drop back....

Owhanake Bay on a warm winter's day

Fascinating cloud formation

Bunks
    edited August 2020

@Kerome said:

OK. Give it one more try:....

Hold the screen about 4 inches in front of your face. Move it gently back and forth until you achieve a crisp, focused image. Hold it there.
    Now: Cross your eyes so that the images alongside one another, sit perfectly, and precisely overlap one another, with no double image...
    Your eyes will settle into that focus, and gradually, the 3D effect will materialise....

You can then slowly move the image away from yourself, until the images perfect their focus.

You can actually do this with any repeat patterns you see, like on wall tiles, and symmetrical designs of some wallpapers. I do this all the time. (I need to get a life, I know....)

adamcrossley

No, don’t seem to be able to cross my eyes at all, they are steady as a rock. So no 3D effect. Otherwise I followed the instructions to the letter but no cigar.

Can you focus on the tip of your nose...? If you can see it, you can cross your eyes....?

edited August 2020

Patience is the key...

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited August 2020

The world is in 3D - Hooray.
    With our new 4K TV have been enjoying virtual train journeys and walks. Yep it connects to Youtube. I dunze it ...

and now back to ... yep I seize it and enjoyed the superiority ;)

Can you focus on the tip of your nose...? If you can see it, you can cross your eyes....?

O.o