Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dhammapada Verse 5 in Pali Sinhala?

Hi!

Can anyone show me what Verse 5 of the Dhammapada looks like in the Pali language using Sinhala script?

"Hatred is, indeed, never appeased by hatred in this world. It is appeased only by loving-kindness." is the English translation. I'm thinking of having some artwork made that incorporates this verse and I love the way Sinhala Pali looks.

Thank you!

Bunks

Comments

• ShoshinShoshin No one in particular Nowhere Special Veteran

"Hatred is, indeed, never appeased by hatred in this world. It is appeased only by loving-kindness."

"වෛරය ඇත්ත වශයෙන්ම, මේ ලෝකයේ කිසි විටෙකත් වෛරයෙන් සතුටු වන්නේ නැත. එය සතුටු වන්නේ ප්‍රේමනීය කරුණාවෙන් පමණි."

From Google translate, not sure how accurate it is though...

Bunksperson
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Google Dhammapada in Sinhala - you'll no doubt find what you're looking for eventually.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

I think what many of us in the developed world are finding is that material progress and prosperity aren't sufficient for mental well being. I think industrialization and modernization have brought much material well being to the world and is important to pursue but don't sacrifice the psychological and spiritual dimensions of being human.

• So much hate... :/