Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Facts

In the spiritual realm of dharma, certain truths emerge:

For example:

What are your examples?

Bunks

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran
    edited October 2020

That is no small undertaking, friend @lobster, to find the truths of the spiritual realm. But we can do our best to offer a few humble annotations...

1. There is discomfort and dissatisfaction.
      Everything is not how we would like it to be, even just after we have changed things to be just so. It is a property of the mind, and you take it with you.

2. All is one.
      At the root of things, the whole universe is interrelated and one. Much unhappiness and the perception of problems comes from not understanding oneness.

3. Everyone has a chance.
      Best to go looking for it before the distractions of old age overtake one. A single moment of silence is all it takes, if you will just look inside and quiet the things that are making noise.

4. Pay attention to sleep.
      You can tell by how you feel in the morning how close you have been to the source of your being. Every night your consciousness journeys to the source and you awake refreshed.

Bunks
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Some random truths...
    1. If you drop a brick on your foot it f’n hurts.
    2. This too shall pass.
    3. My body is slowly breaking down
    4. My kids are slowly growing up
    5. I can be a real arse sometimes and somehow find a way to justify it

lobsterVastmind
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Oooh! No.5 Is alive (and well, and living in my head!!)

lobsterBunks
  • GuiGui Veteran
    edited October 2020
    1. There is only everything.
    2. There is only now.
      These are the river by which I am nearly always found sleeping fitfully with my desires.
    lobsterBunksVastmind
  • Everyone has a chance.

Best to go looking for it before the distractions of old age overtake one. A single moment of silence is all it takes, if you will just look inside and quiet the things that are making noise.

One of the noises that makes silence is mantrayana.
    http://oaks.nvg.org/mantrayana.html

Bonus track

Bunks
  • Thanks @Gui <3

Good stuff.

• Bend don't snap
    • When broke we find compassion
    • A fix - doesn't

B)

• @federica said:
    Oooh! No.5 Is alive (and well, and living in my head!!)

Tee hee!
    You have a head? Never stay ahead. You will be left with no behind.

I liked @Bunks truths. They are concrete, rather than platitudes. Based on real factoids.

Lettuce prey, Saint of the Internet on his way ...

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-06-28/vatican-says-italian-teenager-could-be-patron-saint-internet

... only the Dalai Lama can save us now ... or not ...