Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My Motto

DimmesdaleDimmesdale Illinois Explorer
edited October 2020 in Mindfulness

"Hope for the Highest,
Wish for the Miraculous,
And,
Fully Expect the Mundane."

The Great and Glorious may not always appear via the mundane. At times, things are indeed simply great, simply gratuitous in their Surplus of Goodness and Nobility. Nevertheless, the Great and Glorious is transmitted oftentimes through the lilies of the field, through bread and water, through simply Milk, and not through Fancy Dishes or Pricey Jewels.

I believe in something like the Law of Attraction. It is only in this context I would say that the Law of Attraction makes consistent sense. Otherwise, where are the yachts? We have many yachts at our disposal I would say. But we do not see them because we mistake appearance for substance. If we recognized Heaven on earth we would have heaven, nirvana. More than this, if we recognized Heaven, we would (sooner or later) get earth thrown in. Gold is, after all, a spiritual metal. It is only unspiritual eyes that sully its essence.

All POWER, GLORY, FAME and LIMITLESS BEAUTY for all beings who are ready for it. None of these things is bad in themselves I would say. They can augment, rather than detract from, Nirvana.... It is only when we expect nothing but water and milk, that we can truly appreciate sweetmeats that happen.

Agree/Disagree?

Shoshin1

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Hmm, dinner does not happen without someone to wash the rice.

• Agree/Disagree?

At least those two. There is a Jewish motto; 'Of any two options take the third'

federica
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

"Things are not always as they seem; Nor are they otherwise..."