Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

New year ~~precepts~~ resolutions

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited December 2020 in NewBuddhist.com

Are you perfected now?

If not any precepts or resolves?

Mine:

• Gonna start yoga practicing
  • Gonna be kinder to bees, butterflies and birdies
  • Must stop ranting
  • Solve everything by being smarter

<3

Bunks

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

I’m formally taking refuge and the precepts with one of China’s most prominent Pure Land masters tomorrow afternoon at 5pm.

https://www.facebook.com/Master-Renshan-仁山法师-101316424645965/

Then five days at the monastery to start the new year. Ajahn Brahm will be staying there at the same time which is pretty cool.

I think 2021 will be a good year......blessings to all 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️

lobsterJeffreyShoshin1SuraShine
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I don’t believe in resolutions. They are made each year and most are broken again in a fairly short time, they just seem don’t seem to matter very much.

But it wouldn’t be the same without a rant from @lobster once in a while, so I hope he will gently keep ranting.

Bunks
  • FosdickFosdick in its eye are mirrored far off mountains Alaska, USA Veteran

In my experience, resolutions only hold up for a few days before they become moot or inappropriate to inner or outer circumstances. Hence daily or weekly resolutions seem to be a good deal more useful. The current is always changing, the tide flows in and out, and swimming with it, not against it, often seems the best course to follow.

• SuraShineSuraShine South Australia Veteran

@Bunks said:
    I’m formally taking refuge and the precepts with one of China’s most prominent Pure Land masters tomorrow afternoon at 5pm.

https://www.facebook.com/Master-Renshan-仁山法师-101316424645965/

Then five days at the monastery to start the new year. Ajahn Brahm will be staying there at the same time which is pretty cool.

I think 2021 will be a good year......blessings to all 🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️🙏🏻❤️

That's so awesome @Bunks - I'd love to formally take vows myself. That's something I will work towards in 2021 and hopefully commit to for 2022 :)

Bunkslobster
  • Hence daily or weekly resolutions seem to be a good deal more useful.

Now it is New Years Eve and my daily practice evolves as I take on the Yoke (Yoga). Yep I started before the official 'now is precept resolution discipline day' ...

• First day - 20 mins Yoga
    • Day 2 - 30 mins Yoga from Youtube
    • third day - walking meditation ... went for long mindful walk in the unreal real world
    • Day 4 - 20 mins combined yoga and Chi Kung
    • Day 5 - New Year Eve, planning to do Yoda Yoga ... The Force is with me

https://www.zenyoga-berlin.de/blog/what-is-buddhist-yoga/

Bunks