Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Journey

Life is a detour. A funny thing.
For each a unique path emerges in our direction. Mine:

• First interest in Truth through science. After learning to read, besotted by astronomy ...
  • Studied physical stillness through yoga, martial arts and chi kung
  • Developed interest in Occultism and Eastern religious models
  • Practiced Christian and Islamic Gnosticism
  • Started change process resembled Buddhism

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/return-stillness/201811/the-journey-inward-meditation-path-awareness

How did you get here?

Jeroen

Comments

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran

I'm pretty sure I've always been here but to varying degrees.

I didn't quite fit into the mold I was poured into and had too many questions especially when my Dad passed. I rebelled for a bit and got into Satanism but only form a summer. Then I was atheistic for a long time until I found Hinduism, Taoism and Buddhism. That was 30 years ago and I have changed a lot but there are some things that have remained with me so far even as their style changed to match my path and growth.

I have always had the far out and sometimes lucid dreams and I have always loved to drum.

I cherish this chance to practice with us all.

lobster
  • got into Satanism but only for a summer

Did you have sex with a goat or just read Anthony LeVey, Crowley and Mrs Marple?

I have known some Satanists ... eh ... Santaists ... Ho Ho Ho ...

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

The waystations along my journey, an interesting question.

• In my early youth I liked Lego, and guns, and rockets, and my days were filled with play
    • Then aged 7 I became a sannyasin, one of the few kids in Osho’s communes
    • I sat in the huge hall listening to Osho, or I sat in the crook of a tree with a stack of comics
    • But I was shy in my teens, studied a lot, read a lot of sci-fi and became atheist
    • I made play my career, if I were going to do something eight hours a day it might as well be fun
    • It all changed when I had a major health episode, I put work aside and got into Buddhism
    • The Osho heritage came back, I appreciate him more these days

Osho once said, learn from the Buddha but don’t be a Buddhist. By which he meant to follow your freedom, your bliss and your creativity, and not to become dry and stuck in rules. Life should be lived, celebrated. I feel it is a good maxim.

I’m still spiritually multi-flavoured, I have passed the point where I am too serious about any one direction and I practice irregularly, sometimes enjoying a fallow period and then picking it up again.

• How did you get here?

Through trial & error ....

Searching for a way to make life calmer (make Samsara more satisfying) amidst self generated turmoil & drama (Dukkha) "I" stumbled upon Buddha Dharma...
    ........I guess we're all here thanks to Karma ...

lobsterBunks