Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A deep meditation

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran

This morning I had a pretty deep meditation. I was relaxed at the outset. I started with the breath and a turning within, and after a short while I felt a kind of rubbing in my sense of touch on my nose. It was a sense of tension, so I approached it with the rhythm of breath and a gentleness, and stayed with it a while. It was as if a small animal was sitting on my nose, there was a weight. It slowly relaxed, and a number of words surfaced, “Hemingway... Picasso... Barcelona”. The tension diffused.

I returned to the breath in my abdomen, and it felt as if something unlocked, a kind of dark brace which I felt disappear. Then a presence made itself felt, and it said, “I could make a big circle”, but I felt a grainy kind of drain near my anus, so I sent my attention there, and the presence followed. The grainy sensation quite quickly disappeared.

It was as if the rhythm of the breath was dissolving a series of blockages, in places where I sent my attention when I felt something. The idea of tenderness and gentleness helped a lot too. I feel in a really beautiful space now, it’s lovely.

Altogether a quite remarkable experience.

Shoshin1

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

@Kerome said:
    This morning I had a pretty deep meditation. I was relaxed at the outset. I started with the breath and a turning within, and after a short while I felt a kind of rubbing in my sense of touch on my nose. It was a sense of tension, so I approached it with the rhythm of breath and a gentleness, and stayed with it a while. It was as if a small animal was sitting on my nose, there was a weight. It slowly relaxed, and a number of words surfaced, “Hemingway... Picasso... Barcelona”. The tension diffused.

I returned to the breath in my abdomen, and it felt as if something unlocked, a kind of dark brace which I felt disappear. Then a presence made itself felt, and it said, “I could make a big circle”, but I felt a grainy kind of drain near my anus, so I sent my attention there, and the presence followed. The grainy sensation quite quickly disappeared.

It was as if the rhythm of the breath was dissolving a series of blockages, in places where I sent my attention when I felt something. The idea of tenderness and gentleness helped a lot too. I feel in a really beautiful space now, it’s lovely.

Altogether a quite remarkable experience.

It’s nice when that happens isn’t it.

The challenge now is to avoid the craving fir it to happen again

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Yes that’s certainly one effect.

Bunks
  • I was relaxed at the outset.

Seems like a plan ... B)

“He set forth the Dhamma, good in the beginning, good in the middle, good in the end, possessed of meaning and the letter, and complete in everything; and he proclaims the holy life that is perfectly pure. Seeing such consummate ones is good indeed."
    Kalama Sutta
    https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/an/an03/an03.065.soma.html