Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A poem for the American people

Comments

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

CNN:

“Somehow we’ve weathered and witnessed a nation that isn’t broken, but simply unfinished. We, the successors of a country and a time where a skinny Black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother can dream of becoming President, only to find herself reciting for one,” the 22-year-old Gorman said in her poem, entitled, “The Hill We Climb.”

Daring Fireball:

A day later and I remain in awe. Just a stunningly well-crafted, beautifully written, perfectly delivered message. An incredible moment. If you haven’t watched it, watch it. If you have watched it, watch it again.

Masha Gessen, at The New Yorker: “Amanda Gorman’s Inaugural Poem Is a Stunning Vision of Democracy”.

• For people who are as poor as us, who have lost everything, who had to endure so much death and sadness, laughter is a precious gift. When we were dying like flies from white man's disease, when we were driven into reservations, when the government rations did not arrive and we were starving, watching the pranks and capers of Heyókȟa were a blessing.
    — John Fire Lame Deer

She and the cool pastor that followed and other worthless worthies such as the absent x-trumpette, reminded me of the dreams of the thunder beasts ... Dream on ...

Long live the Heyókȟa (not that they do)

• <3 I have complete faith and confidence in our worlds young people, poets and TikTockers. They will flower our dreams. They are our transformers ... <3

Shoshin1
  • JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

@lobster said:
    <3 I have complete faith and confidence in our worlds young people, poets and TikTockers. They will flower our dreams. They are our transformers ... <3

Yes they are but we need more Greta Thunbergs to mobilise the young.

Shoshin1lobster
  • I am Spartacus

We are Gaia Greta Thunberg