Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Announcenment: genkaku Adam Fisher

Hello and greetings to everyone here.

I used to post on these forums as Floating_Abu but no longer can remember my log in details.

I am writing to post an announcement regarding genkaku, who used to be a long term poster here:
https://newbuddhist.com/profile/genkaku

I noticed that genkaku's son, Angus, announced on genkaku's blog that genkaku died peacefully in his sleep on Feb 19.

The family have also set up a GoFundMe for funeral expenses.

details on genkaku's blog http://genkaku-again.blogspot.com/

I thought that some of you who knew him might want to know.

Gassho and good wishes to everyone here.

JeffreyyagrLincShoshin1ChoephalFosdickJeroenhowBunksDavidSuraShinepersonKotishkamarcitkoDakinipossibilities

Comments

• Sorry to hear he has passed away. I remember him as a thoughtful person and good writer.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

Thank you for letting us know. He was a prolific, compassionate, and valued member of this community. His contributions here over more than 8 years and thousands of posts touched the lives of hundreds and were greatly appreciated.

Vastmindpersonlobsterpossibilities
  • ChoephalChoephal UK Veteran

Saddened to hear this. I knew Adam from way back and had great respect for him as a practitioner and as a person. I knew he had health problems, but this has still come as a shock.
    My thoughts are with his family.
    May he know Great Peace.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

Sad news, he will be missed. I remember him as a pretty down-to-earth contributor, maybe even salty. I liked him, although I didn’t know him well.

• May wholesome karma be with you on your journey...genkaku
    G

The Jewel is in the lotus...What we seek we (already) are... <3

Jason
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited February 2021

Thank you for letting us know. Both you and genkaku were staples here for a considerable period, and I have fond memories of you both. Sad to hear of genkaku's passing, but happy to be reminded of their life and contributions here. gassho

A wonderful opportunity to practice dana.

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

To be Continued, no doubt.
    I remember him with nothing but fondness, and his favourite phrase...Just noodling.
    I hope he finds something useful here, or wherever he may be.
    Peace to his family, love to all.

lobsterpossibilities
  • I noticed that genkaku's son, Angus, announced on genkaku's blog that genkaku died peacefully in his sleep on Feb 19.

Outstanding. <3
    A good death. Is there any better way to die? Possibly peacefully whilst awake.

Death as a great bardo or transition is a wonderful teaching.

Thanks @genkaku, keep up the good work ...

@federica said:
    Peace to his family, love to all.

ChoephalAlex

Adam was diagnosed with an aneurism some time ago. He didnt share the details but I think he decided against any intervention. Because of his lifelong practice of developing awareness ( he would have jibbed at that description🙂) he was no doubt able to use the situation as a skillful means..
    From Angus’s portrayal of Adams passing I would guess that he died with it rather than from it.

howShoshin1lobster
  • Everybody benefitted from @genkaku and his posts. That presence and ability continues ...
    That essence is still with us as the link in the original post shows ...
    http://genkaku-again.blogspot.com/

Choephal
    edited February 2021

The archive of his writings is a wonderful treasure trove of wisdom, humour and sheer good sense..👍
    And as a bonus he was such a good writer...those things don’t always go together. I frequently chuckle at his brio and style. He was cool, Adam was. Or to borrow the tongue- in -cheek spelling he often used, he was kewl.😊

lobster